Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

WTB Leupold Rimfire Scope

Buy, Sell and Trade. Abide by the rules and make all deals via PM or email.
HenryFan
Cowhand
United States of America

WTB Leupold Rimfire Scope

Post by HenryFan » Sat May 18, 2024 10:43 am

I own a Ruger 77/22 RSI in .22 Mag and it currently wears a Leupold 4x scope. The rifle has a walnut stock and gloss blue finish and I want to replace the 4X scope with a Leupold 2-7 or 3-9 scope but I want a gloss finish, not the current matte finish as currently offered by Leupold.

It must be a gloss finish and also, it must be in good condition because if I am forced to return it to Leupold, it will be replaced with a matte finish scope. I don't think Leupold repairs scopes anymore, they replace them with current production. New Old Stock would be a homerun for me.

If an established member has something we can agree on, I can pay with a USPS Money Order, a cashier's check or my personal check. I don't understand or use any of the electronic payment methods such as PayPal, Zelle, etc.
1 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: WTB Leupold Rimfire Scope

Post by North Country Gal » Sat May 18, 2024 12:53 pm

Best of luck and I mean that, sincerely. Those gloss Leupold Rimfires are really hard to find, now. I have one 2-7x, but I've been hitting gun shows looking for another one. No luck so far.
1 x

HenryFan
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by HenryFan » Sat May 18, 2024 2:12 pm

North Country Gal -

You are right but I may stumble across one. I have my fingers crossed.

If not, I will live with the Leupold 4X now on it but I feel a .22 Mag. could use just a bit more scope.

At least the scope on it is gloss finished to keep me happy while I wait.
1 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Sat May 18, 2024 6:23 pm

Yeah, those gloss Leupold Rimfires. How I wish I bought a truck full of them when I had the chance.
1 x

Ozarkwoodswalker
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ozarkwoodswalker » Sat May 25, 2024 7:02 pm

I wouldn't count on finding it cause nothing is EVER listed for sale here. I'm bummed out by that fact.....
0 x

HenryFan
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by HenryFan » Sun May 26, 2024 7:39 am

Sadly, such is the case.
0 x

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by bandit1250 » Sun May 26, 2024 12:55 pm

I was in the same boat a while back with wanting gloss finish Leupolds. Very hard to find them without looking like a beaver had chewed on the tube. I passed on the marked up ones and sometimes going a long time not seeing any for sale. One day I was in a LGS and the owner was fit to be tied. I asked what was wrong and he said he ordered 4 wrong scopes by mistake. He said I will sell them at a loss because no one will want them. I asked to see one and he handed me one from under the counter. Not what I really wanted to buy but when he said I will take a $120 for each one. I asked if I could buy all of them. His face lit right up and he said he would sell me them tax included. They were all VX-1 2-7x28 compact rimfire in the dreaded matte finish. They were supposed to be new brighter lenses than the older Leupolds. They weren't lying as they are as clear and bright as much larger scopes from Leupold. They also have really good positive click adjustments. I sold my SIL one and kept the other three for my two CZ FS 22's and one went on a nice older Remington. Other than the matte finish I love these scopes. Only 10 inches long and very light weight. I still prefer gloss on shiny finished rifles.
2 x

HenryFan
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by HenryFan » Sun May 26, 2024 1:17 pm

I never seem to have such good luck.

But, as North Country Gal said above, I bet the VX-1 scope will be fine for my purposes.
1 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Mon May 27, 2024 9:56 am

bandit1250 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 12:55 pm
I was in the same boat a while back with wanting gloss finish Leupolds. Very hard to find them without looking like a beaver had chewed on the tube. I passed on the marked up ones and sometimes going a long time not seeing any for sale. One day I was in a LGS and the owner was fit to be tied. I asked what was wrong and he said he ordered 4 wrong scopes by mistake. He said I will sell them at a loss because no one will want them. I asked to see one and he handed me one from under the counter. Not what I really wanted to buy but when he said I will take a $120 for each one. I asked if I could buy all of them. His face lit right up and he said he would sell me them tax included. They were all VX-1 2-7x28 compact rimfire in the dreaded matte finish. They were supposed to be new brighter lenses than the older Leupolds. They weren't lying as they are as clear and bright as much larger scopes from Leupold. They also have really good positive click adjustments. I sold my SIL one and kept the other three for my two CZ FS 22's and one went on a nice older Remington. Other than the matte finish I love these scopes. Only 10 inches long and very light weight. I still prefer gloss on shiny finished rifles.
Wow, I’d have jumped all over that just like you did. What a find!
1 x