Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Our Morning Coffee and Weather

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Our Morning Coffee and Weather

Post by Hatchdog » Sat May 11, 2024 9:28 am

cooperhawk wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 8:57 am
Fair, 54°F, Humidity 63%
Wind Speed Calm
Barometer 29.89 in
Dewpoint 41°F
Visibility 10.00 mi
Sunny, with a high near 73.
West northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
Our township has ordinances that prohibit building housing complexes.
To build a home here you need to have forty acres that either you own or that a
farmer has to dedicate to never build on. Then you can actually own as little as
five of those acres.
No businesses that are not agricultural are allowed.
Five miles north of us is a business park with an airport, but it stops right on the
township line. A lot of folks fight that, but so far it is the rule here.
Spokane county where I live has a 10 acre minimum to build a home. This is due to the abundance of both wells and septic systems. So this minimum is in place to limit the numbers of both. A plus for the homeowners is we won’t get a housing development built next door.

46 this morning with a nice sunrise. Sat on the patio to enjoy my first cup of coffee and watch the sun come up. House stayed warm overnight and was 70 inside when I got up. Haven’t turned the A/C on yet but it’s coming. So nice to be able to open windows.

Today we have a community clean up scheduled. We will be filling potholes in our crappy road and limbing trees alongside the road that are blocking veiw of oncoming traffic. We have one intersection that has a visibility problem plus trees growing alongside the road will become a problem in the future. Nice weather today for the project.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat May 11, 2024 4:16 pm

its been a busy one .... first up, a 9AM Little League game for our 8 year old grandson .... he played a good game both at bat and in the field .... shortly after getting back home our youngest son and his son arrived and the mowing began .... once they finished they started getting his boat (which is stored in a shed at our place) ready for the season .... he installed a new horn and took care of a few minor things before starting the the spring cleaning .... my first chore was to repair one of our camping chairs ... nothing major just a little drilling needed to replace a pop rivet with a bolt and nut
0 x

Redthies
Cowboy
Canada

Post by Redthies » Sat May 11, 2024 5:31 pm

dave77 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 2:25 pm

Kind of sad here in that we used to have many orchards right in the city limits.

There are still many apple, cherry and pear orchards here, just further out from our growing town. A lot of grape vineyards being planted too.
Are you in Wenatchee or? I grew up on the BC side north of oroville. Most orchards in Kelowna are now housing developments too. It is definitely not “progress”…
0 x
SGC .22 LR Stripped and oiled up
BBSC .357 w Skinner Express & Patridge
BBSC .44 Magnum with Skinners
Marlin 1895GS .45-70 w RPP Cloverleaf
Marlin 336BL .30-30 w Skinner LoPro 2 and Sig 2-7x
1912 Winchester 1894 .30 WCF

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Sun May 12, 2024 2:08 am

Redthies wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 5:31 pm
dave77 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 2:25 pm

Kind of sad here in that we used to have many orchards right in the city limits.

There are still many apple, cherry and pear orchards here, just further out from our growing town. A lot of grape vineyards being planted too.
Are you in Wenatchee or? I grew up on the BC side north of oroville. Most orchards in Kelowna are now housing developments too. It is definitely not “progress”…
Yes, just off the highway to Malaga a little ways up Squilchuck Canyon, Squilchuck Creek runs right along the edge of my property, at least I hope it does this Summer, our snowpack water content is quite low this year. If we have as hot a Summer as we've had the last couple of years I expect it will go dry at least for a while in August.

Most of Washington's snowpack is at 60% or less and I've heard that even the Columbia will be running lower than normal this year.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sun May 12, 2024 7:35 am

cooperhawk wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 8:57 am
Fair, 54°F, Humidity 63%
Wind Speed Calm
Barometer 29.89 in
Dewpoint 41°F
Visibility 10.00 mi
Sunny, with a high near 73.
West northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
Our township has ordinances that prohibit building housing complexes.
To build a home here you need to have forty acres that either you own or that a
farmer has to dedicate to never build on. Then you can actually own as little as
five of those acres.
No businesses that are not agricultural are allowed.
Five miles north of us is a business park with an airport, but it stops right on the
township line. A lot of folks fight that, but so far it is the rule here.
No ordnances here. People are free to do whatever they want for the most part including shoot on their own land. It’s one of the things that attracted me to the area. I was looking at Montana but there was so many restrictions.

I like living in a county with a dozen people per square mile. It’s especially nice because ten of those dozen live in the city. I’m in kind of a desired area and have about ten per square mile for a 25 square mile radius. Then it drops off to two for miles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_County,_Wisconsin

My mailing address is Ogema but I live in the Town of Hill.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hill,_Wisconsin
2 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Sun May 12, 2024 8:17 am

Fair, 61°F, Humidity 48%
Wind Speed Calm
Barometer 29.71 in
Dewpoint 41°F
Visibility 10.00 mi
Sunny, with a high near 86.
West southwest wind 5 to 15 mph.
A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly between 4pm and 5pm.
Church and then a Mother's Day Buffet at the Retreat center across the lake. We have
a table reserved for our family group of twelve. Some of the family are neighbors we
always include. Then they will congregate at our house for the afternoon to visit and
relax. It's a tradition and always nice.
0 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)
U S Army Aviation 64-67, Vietnam MACV 65-66

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun May 12, 2024 8:44 am

as noted above, yesterday was a busy one and after the post above, it got even busier .... we had to rescue our daughter whose camper broke down while she was on her way home from the dealership where they had been working on its water heater .... our youngest son and his son were her working on our yard when the call for help came, so we all took off immediately .... bottom line, a couple of very nice fellows had stopped and were helping her when we got there .... she was trying to contact Good Sam towing, I'm glad she hadn't gotten through to them .... bottom line, it didn't take long to get her camper hooked up to our Silverado 1500 and we towed it home .... hopefully we can get it ready for our club camping trip coming up this weekend .... 59 now on its way to 77 dropping down to a cool 46 tonight .... our family is gathering at a local roadside ice cream place this afternoon to celebrate Mother's Day
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sun May 12, 2024 9:25 am

I’ll be taking my 98 year old adopted mother to my adopted sister’s house for Mothers Day. It’s nice to be accepted by the long term residents. A few call me brother and I call them brother and sister. The vast majority call me cousin. There are three major families from the 1940’s and their kids married so many of them are actual cousins.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Sun May 12, 2024 9:56 am

48 under beautiful sunny skies and there is a projected high of 82. Nice weather for all the moms out there who are enjoying a day outdoors. Tradition around here is to not plant your flower beds until Mothers Day and it sure came true this year. Just a week ago we have frost.

We had a great community cleanup yesterday and got lots done. I still have a load of limbs on my trailer to take to the transfer station today and after that I’ll be helping my wife enjoy Mothers Day. I be getting the motorhome out of the shop and then she gets to clean the interior. Happy Mothers Day honey!
0 x

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Mon May 13, 2024 7:55 am

Fair with Haze, 50°F, Humidity 62%
Wind Speed Calm
Barometer 29.81 in
Dewpoint 37°F
Visibility 5.00 mi
Mostly sunny, with a high near 71.