Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Our Morning Coffee and Weather

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Re: Our Morning Coffee and Weather

Post by cooperhawk » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:44 am

Fair, 48°F, Humidity 58%
Wind Speed NE 5 mph
Barometer 30.04 in
Dewpoint 34°F
Visibility 10.00 mi
Mostly sunny, with a high near 67.
East northeast wind 5 to 15 mph.
A slight chance of showers between 8am and 11am.
Chance of precipitation is 20%.
April showers coming up.
0 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)
U S Army Aviation 64-67, Vietnam MACV 65-66

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:04 am

47 now awaiting the sunrise. I do see some clouds to the east so the sunrise might be a pretty one. Nice today around 60 with clouds coming in later. Possible rain tomorrow and a cold front is expected.

We’re thinking about pulling the motor home out and making a trip up north on Thursday or Friday. Time to give the pup some camping experience.

We had a turkey breast in the freezer so decided to have Thanksgiving (dinner anyway) in April. Smoked it on the smoker and it was wonderful. Left overs await tonight.

IMG_4935.jpeg
IMG_4935.jpeg (3 MiB) Viewed 127 times
0 x

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:47 am

We also love left over turkey with dressing and do the same with it.
Last evening we went to our favorite steak house for dinner. It's in a very small town way out in
the country and still is packed on the weekends.

https://www.facebook.com/rancherosupperclub

Just Carol and I and a leisurely evening with really good food. It's the only place we go that I feel comfortable
having a couple of martinis and then driving home. Very little traffic and no towns and only 15 minutes away.

Carol l had a nice filet and I had the deep fried Walleye along with a crisp salad and a baked potato. She also had
a couple glasses of wine while I had two Tanqueray Martinis. I usually only have one but the new bartender has reduced
the size of each, so now two takes the place of one.

There is a thread about rich folks, well we feel like rich folks every time we go there. The service is excellent and the food
is as well.
1 x

brm4450
Drover
United States of America

Post by brm4450 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:42 pm

IMG_3216.jpeg
IMG_3216.jpeg (260.69 KiB) Viewed 118 times

Working on train town again, Dr.s appt this afternoon! Everyone have a great day!🇺🇸
0 x
H012C, 2 H004V, H001TMER, H004SV, H001TV, H001TLB, H003T, H005MG, H001V, H001TLP, Rossi Ranch Hand, Uberti 1860, Ubérti 1866 Goldenboy
"when you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk" Tuco

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:47 pm

reached a milestone today, that being our first 90 degree day for 2024 .... they say it'll drop to 57 overnight .... highs in the mid 80's for the rest of this week .... we are now back home after spending 4 days camping with our club .... good food, good company, a good time .... the good food part sure made it hard to stick to my ongoing weight loss efforts .... we have one more outing in May, most probably to the NC State Fairgrounds over the weekend of the got to be NC Festival .... hopefully that decision can be made tomorrow ....
0 x

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:04 am

Partly Cloudy and Windy, 52°F, Humidity 50%
Wind Speed E 30 G 36 mph
Barometer 29.80 in
Dewpoint 34°F
Visibility 10.00 mi
High near 60. Windy,
An east wind 20 to 30 mph, with gusts as high as 45 mph.
Showers and thunderstorms likely, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 2pm.
Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
Well, let it rain. I finished cleaning up the yard yesterday so I'm ready.
0 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:34 am

Can’t. Type. Can’t. See. There’s a big bright yellow thing up in the sky that’s blinding me. :lol:

Woke up to a brisk 33 out there but no frost on the lawn. Only 52 for today’s high as the cold front has arrived. Very windy yesterday and more expected today. We had planned to head up to shooting camp on Thursday but as the lows up there are expected to be in the mid 20’s until Saturday we delayed our departure until Saturday. Those 20’s would burn up our limited propane supply for the furnace quickly. We do have a heat pump that runs off ac but it’s very loud.

Today the dogs go to the groomers so they can get real pretty before rolling in the brush this weekend. :roll: I’ll probably do some lawn mower maintenance today as it’s looking like the mowing season is here. Our Jeep is at a local RV dealer getting the brake and light systems installed and I expect to hear from them today to come and get it. I’m going to take the motorhome to pick it up in order the test everything while at the dealer. I selected the permanently mounted set up and it looked more complicated than I wanted to take on.
0 x

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:50 pm

Hatchdog wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:34 am
We had planned to head up to shooting camp on Thursday but as the lows up there are expected to be in the mid 20’s until Saturday we delayed our departure until Saturday. Those 20’s would burn up our limited propane supply for the furnace quickly. We do have a heat pump that runs off ac but it’s very loud.
We've camped in the 20s many times and your heat pump won't work well below 40 degrees or so. We always carry a small electric radiant heater with us wherever we go. It does have a fan and will put out a lot of heat and save a lot of propane.
Course you need electric hook ups or run your genset.
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:06 pm

cooperhawk wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:50 pm
Hatchdog wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:34 am
We had planned to head up to shooting camp on Thursday but as the lows up there are expected to be in the mid 20’s until Saturday we delayed our departure until Saturday. Those 20’s would burn up our limited propane supply for the furnace quickly. We do have a heat pump that runs off ac but it’s very loud.
We've camped in the 20s many times and your heat pump won't work well below 40 degrees or so. We always carry a small electric radiant heater with us wherever we go. It does have a fan and will put out a lot of heat and save a lot of propane.
Course you need electric hook ups or run your genset.
Is that motorhome comin to Texas next year?
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:12 pm

BigAl52 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:06 pm
Is that motorhome comin to Texas next year?
Not sure. Usually every third year we go to Florida to see Carol's family. She has two brothers and a sister there.
She hasn't told me yet.
I really like Texas the best though. My friend who is usually camped at Aransas Pass has suffered a stroke and the
last two years they have entertained us in Sunrise Beach at their house. He is partially recovered but cannot drive
anymore.
0 x