Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Varmint (H001V) Issues

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: Varmint (H001V) Issues

Post by BigAl52 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:08 pm

Good shooting. At least you have a rifle now that it looks like to me you are happy with.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Conax
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Conax » Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:50 pm

The company probably doesn't feel the need to air its dirty laundry out on warranty fixes. They say they'll make it right, and they do.
There is no up side (for them) to discussing a bad barrel with a customer. Everyone out here in consumerland would start talking about how their barrels might be bad, too, and sales could suffer.
They made the rifle good. That's all that matters. I called them once and said I read there were steel front barrel bands on their new .22s and mine only had the old plastic one. They sent me a steel one for free.
:)
1 x

leverjc
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by leverjc » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:40 pm

I think there may be a big disconnect between the people that communicate with the costumer and the people that do the work. Recently I contacted Henry explaining how the gap between the stock and the lever is large and uneven so I could not achieve a good grip on my Pioneer. I even sent pictures showing that it was obviously the lever that was the problem. The called me back and said they would send me a new stock. I was confused.

If you want to protect your reputation seems to me you make a better effort to get it right the first time.
0 x

Conax
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Conax » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:53 pm

A stock? How about a new lever? Um.. a lever is a lot cheaper than a stock.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:12 pm

leverjc wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:40 pm
If you want to protect your reputation seems to me you make a better effort to get it right the first time.
my hunch is, the management of Henry makes a strong effort to turn out a perfect produce .... Anthony Imperato took over the business in 1996 and during the last 24 years it has become the largest manufacture of lever action rifles in the world .... the most recent numbers I've seen say they average producing over 300,000 rifles a year .... they are ranked in the top 5 of all long gun manufacturers, and 7th overall in total firearms production .... they have sold over one million of their model H001 Lever Action .22 rifles .... with so many sold each year it stands to reason that the vast majority of their rifles aren't returned for warranty work .... I can't help but view products I purchase through the lens of how they perform for me .... if mine is fine, I'm happy and tend to believe that all's good .... if mine is a problem, I tend to believe the reverse .... that's when the company's service after the sale kicks in .... good service helps keep me as a customer .... poor service doesn't .... I also tend to believe that companies which put out a good product at a reasonable price while offering good service after the sale tend to grow .... from all indications, Henry is going strong
3 x