Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

new kitten

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

new kitten

Post by dave77 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:41 pm

Friday night my good friend who is temporarily staying in a 5th wheel in my back yard gets home from working swing shift and comes in and says I think you locked one of the cats in the garage, motion detecting shop light is going on and off. I said they were all there when I fed them but went out with her to check, there on my work bench is a little gift wrapped box with a 2 month old kitten in it. She had mentioned earlier that Leroy needed a play mate and I said two cats are enough for me but she's probably right, he tries to play with Maggie but she hates it.

I think her name will be Callie, she's mostly white but for the top of her head and her tail which is Calico. Leroy thinks she's a new toy but is being gentle and patient with her. She's not too sure about him but is getting better. Maggie has let her know "you leave me alone and I'll leave you alone".

My friend is already Leroy's cat god mother, it was funny, Leroy was around a year and a half old when he first met her and instantly thought she was the best person ever. Told her she may now inherit 2 cats as at my age it's very possible for a kitten to outlive me.
Attachments
callie.jpg
callie.jpg (155.06 KiB) Viewed 1768 times
7 x

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Re: new kitten

Post by Cofisher » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:16 pm

What are friends for? Lol
0 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:56 pm

Three years ago my Wife's little calico cat died from and anurism. She swore she would never go through that pain again, so two weeks later she wanted another cat. We went to Petco and they had a little black and white that had been caught in an alley somewhere with the tips of her ears frozen off. Then she had been neutered by a vet who she hates to this day. Off to a bad start with humans.

So they had a little pen and the let her out of the cage and she immediately hissed and spit at everyone around, and then she walked over to my Wife and let her pet her. Short story, we took her home. She howled all the way in the back of the car. Got home, let her go and didn't see her again for a couple weeks but she did come out and eat, at night I guess, and used the litter box. So all was good.

Now, three years later she follows me around the house and occasionally lets me pet her. She still hisses and spits at strangers, but can't wait for my Wife to sit down in the evening to get brushed. She is no lap cat. Not ever! She has become part of the family however and travels in our Motor home with us all over the country. Oh, and she loves to play laser tag. In fact she demands it.

I do hope this is her last cat though.
1 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)
U S Army Aviation 64-67, Vietnam MACV 65-66

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:44 pm

Nice. Like to read cat stories like that.
cooperhawk wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:56 pm
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:42 am

She is no lap cat.
Just wait, she may (or may not) turn into a lap cat.

My cat, long gone now, wanted nothing to do with being held or sitting in your lap. Then when he was a couple years old, one night he came and settled on my lap and went to sleep. We were all amazed. As time went on, he started doing that more and more. In a couple years, he would routinely lay down in my lap whenever I came home from work. If my daughter came into the room, he would get up and move over to her. By the time he got to be an old man, he became a full fledged lap cat.
1 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:18 am

Kinda doubt it. Had her three years now and she shows little interest. My Wife tries to get her up on the couch for brushing but she refuses and she has to brush her on the floor at her feet. She is a good mouser though. Oh, and she sure can communicate when she wants something like cat food ect. Meow, Meow.
0 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)
U S Army Aviation 64-67, Vietnam MACV 65-66

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:17 am

We've had many cats over the past 40+ years. Many of them outdoor cats that would not come close except to eat. When they got old they became more and more indoor lap cats. Those old cats love the heat from a warm lap. I also believe in their old age they get comfort from the human touch.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Redthies
Cowboy
Canada

Post by Redthies » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:34 pm

My wife wanted a cat for the past 18 years. I finally said ok. We found one to adopt from a rescue and brought her home. My wife was away for the first couple of days with our dogs so I got to get the new kitten set up in the house so she would know the lay of the land when the dogs came home. It took less than two days to figure out it wasn’t going to work. Our Weimaraner just could not get past why we had brought a “prey animal” into the house. He wouldn’t have purposely killed the kitten, but in his efforts to “investigate” it, we feared she could be injured or worse. Back to the shelter she went. At least there was a waiting home for her as we were not the only ones to offer to adopt her.
0 x
SGC .22 LR Stripped and oiled up
BBSC .357 w Skinner Express & Patridge
BBSC .44 Magnum with Skinners
Marlin 1895GS .45-70 w RPP Cloverleaf
Marlin 336BL .30-30 w Skinner LoPro 2 and Sig 2-7x
1912 Winchester 1894 .30 WCF

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:25 pm

Sorry guys not a cat guy.
Never liked 'em my sister had one when we were growing.
Next time a stray comes through the yard, I'll box it and send it of one of y'all. :lol:

RP
0 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

Dahliathemeh
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Dahliathemeh » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:47 pm

My better half has dubbed our home a black cat sanctuary. If you're a solid black cat you have a forever home here. All other cats get food, water and scritches outside the house. And they must be nice to the boy too.
1 x
I never take myself seriously....