Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

11/24 range day

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

11/24 range day

Post by bandit1250 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:25 am

Made a trip to the range on Nov.24 and never posted the results due to being busy. It was a decent weather day and some intermittent breezes stirring but not a steady wind. Took two CZ GF's and my 512X Remington that has the pretty stock. Did most shooting with GF #3 and the old Remington tube feed 512. The left target was shot with GF #3. The shot circled was a sighter shot after I bore sighted my friends rifle after swapping out a scope that was having problems with the adjustments hanging up. He just took 1 shot at 50 yds. at the center of the target to see where it would hit. Shot several different brands of ammo while there through my rifles. All groups were 50 yds. and were seven shots except the lower left was only six and the top left with hi vel hpt's was 16 shots. Hi velocity is not as accurate as the standard velocity ammo. The lower right was the best targets I have shot so far with both the CZ and the old Rem. The CZ likes the Geco ammo in most all lot numbers I have on hand. That 5 group shot with it making a single hole at 50 yds. was backed up with another group above right that had 5 in one hole and I shot the 6th shot a bullet hole higher. Still very good group from a new sporter weight rifle that needs more break in shots through it. My shooting friend was amazed at how the old gun shot and hit the KYL spinners at 50 yds. It shot the Geco good but it likes a lot number of auto match I have and CCI standard. We were there about three hours with stopping a few times to let the deer rifle guys check the zero on their rifles. My friend just ordered two more cases of Geco bolt rifle ammo for us. We will see how that lot shoots when we get a good weather day. Didn't show his groups on my target. I cut mine off the target we both use and he takes his home to log in his shooting for that day.
1 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: 11/24 range day

Post by North Country Gal » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:52 am

Can't beat that GF for out of the box accuracy, but, then, it is a CZ. I've had a few CZs that did needed some shooting to show their best, but I've had more of them that that have been great from the get go. We've owned dozens of CZs now and I can only remember two that were a disappointment in the accuracy department and those got traded off.

We also have a couple of CZs that do well with Automatch, but the problem with Automatch is the consistency, box to box. High grade target ammo it is not, but for the price, it takes great practice ammo and does pretty well in most of our 22s.

The CCI SV is our bread and butter target ammo, but our best CZs only get fed the match stuff.
1 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:57 am

nice .... I believe you get more use per square inch out of a paper target than most anyone I know .. ;) .. a truly productive day at the range
1 x

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by bandit1250 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:19 pm

The bottom right target the small black dot says it was shot with CZ GF #1 is wrong. It was shot with GF #3. I only shot KYL spinners that day with the #1 GF which is my first purchased Grand Finale. I keep track of them by numbering them according to order they were bought in. Easier that way for me to record groups sizes and ammo preference. Going to be a while before #4 will get shot at the range with the weather unpredictable now.
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:49 pm

Nice shooting!
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234