Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

3 different long rangers

Chuckh65
Tenderfoot
United States of America

3 different long rangers

Post by Chuckh65 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:25 pm

Well here is a story for you guys.when the long rangers came out I bought one in a 308.loved it and shot like a house of fire.shot about 100 rounds through it .then fired cases started sticking in the chamber.then I opened the lever and went to close it and the bolt didn't closed.sent it in for repair.got it back and got rid of it.well couple months back decided to try again.bought one in a 6.5 shot about 40 rounds through it.the trigger wasn't right.when you pulled it to release the hammer back to safe it wouldn't release sometimes .so I sent it in they fixed it sent it back.went to shoot it fired 8 rounds through it and then the fired rounds started sticking.tried a different brand same thing.called henry.this time I asked if I could get a refund.yes sir no problem.my son bought one in a 243.fired 40 rounds through it shot nice.we went to shoot couple more just to make sure sited in for deer season.he opened the lever and closed it and bam the bolt stayed there never moved.2 month old gun.called henry and he wanted a refund as well.i don't know if I will ever buy another long ranger.will buy the other guns.but will tell you this Henry customer service is 2nd to none.i don't know of any other company that would do that
2 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: 3 different long rangers

Post by JEBar » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:32 pm

interesting .... with so many positive reports from members about their Long Rangers, to have such a string of issues is actually, somewhat baffling
2 x

Chuckh65
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Chuckh65 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:18 pm

I thought the same thing.its a shame I really like them just afraid the same thing will happen
0 x

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:01 pm

AND this is NOT the only forum Henry owners report positive - or negative experiences with their Henry's.

Personally I am so glad I have never had a problem with my BBB other than minor, typical, new gun issues I handled on my own that were hardly anything it required sending back for.
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:40 am

As I've shared in other posts, the only issue I had with my LR is the bolt seizing up. I sent it in and they 'adjusted the bolt lockup timing'. I've put a few hundred rounds through it since with no shooting issues. I have nose up feed issues every once in a while when the rifle receiver isn't held upright or I'm lazy with cycling the action.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234