Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Anyone running a trapline?

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Anyone running a trapline?

Post by Mags » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:48 am

That's funny!
PatientWolf wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:26 am
I don’t trap anymore and haven’t in years. When I did, I lived in Northern IL and trapped beaver, raccoon, muskrat, mink and opossum. Never had any luck in my attempts to trap a fox. Checked the trap line before school and in the evening each day.

For me it was more often more efficient to throw the carcass in a bag and throw it in the freezer to turn in whole than it was to skin it and get dinged on the price if there was a nick in the hide.

More than once we heard my mom screaming because an opossum was frozen on the opposite side of the freezer as the bag it went into the freezer wearing. 😂😂😂
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

dasmoeturhead
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dasmoeturhead » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:53 am

Yeah still running a trap line, no fur lately. Those pesky mice anyway. Lol!
0 x
I'm a Ship that can't be Salvaged!

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:35 am

Ya, I have a nest of them in the pump house. Got in through the hole in floor where the plumbing is. I'll run a glue trap line to collect them. Then pack the hole in the floor with stainless steel sponge.
dasmoeturhead wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:53 am
Yeah still running a trap line, no fur lately. Those pesky mice anyway. Lol!
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Cattle Driver
Australia

Post by 220 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:59 pm

Will put traps in the ground again in the next week, lambing is due to start in around a month and need to make a dent in the red fox population to reduce predation. Seems to take around 6 weeks for new foxes to move in and take over the territory so buys me a window for lambing. Rare to loose lambs to foxes once they are a week or more old so I dont need a massive window to increase lamb survival rates.
Big challenge is going to be wet weather, we have had rain 6 of the past 7 days with more predicted for the next 10 days. Will be trying a few new sets that are hopefully a bit more weather proof.
Will try and get a few photos of some of the sets if I remember as i put them in.

May have seen the mice problems we are having in Aus,
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=mo ... ORM=VDQVAP
nothing like that where I am but when I started trapping a few in the house I did manage 7 in the one trap in 24hrs.
0 x

Grunt67
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Grunt67 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:55 pm

Tried trapping ground hogs a few times. Critters had more sense than me.
1 x
I rarely ever buy a rifle, but when I do, it's a Henry.

"Every day above ground, is a good day" ( Al Capone )