Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

The simple life

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

The simple life

Post by bandit1250 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:19 pm

My wife and I live in a small 5 room one story home. We live fairly simple lives compared to some of our friends. I sometimes get questions from friends like "Why don't yo have a dish washer?" I usually say because we have no room for one in the kitchen and I am the dish washer. :) One day a friend said "Don't you have an auto garbage disposal?" I said I am the one that deals with the garbage disposal most all the time and if I don't my wife will and never complain. We never even give those things any thought because we never had that stuff to get used to so we don't miss it.
I like it when they see camouflage blankets on our beds in both bed rooms and ask if my wife likes a room done up like that. I tell them she is the one that done our rooms that way and she also has camouflage floor mats in her Toyota Corolla. She is just different than a lot of other women. Laid back and pleased with anything she has.
We went out with friends a lot and they would bring up the subject of our hard wood floors needing redone. After many times of hearing about the floors needing done I stopped at their home one evening and my friends wife said to me "Why won't she get those floors finished?" I said to her "She used to be a pole dancer in a bar and the floors looked like ours so she likes that look." :shock: ;) :lol: Haven't heard another word about the floors from that day on. :lol: My wife likes the look of things that have been used vs things that look never been used. We have to many small great grand kids (12) to make the floors pretty with the way kids play when they are here. She is not one to have a bunch of stuff on the walls or sitting every where to have to dust them off and I am glad she is like that. Here is two rooms they usually ask about us liking the look of a hunting cabin out west. I better put her stuffed dog from last Valentines Day on the bed after making it in the morning. We can't have a real one due to both of us having bad allergy's.
6 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: The simple life

Post by Mags » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:45 pm

The "character" that hardwood floors develop store the memorys of how it got that way.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:34 pm

very nice in my book .... our home since the mid 1970's ain't too large and we managed to raise 3 kids in it .... our place is lived in, not one that looks like a magazine photo shoot .... suits us
4 x

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:58 pm

Home sweet home.
1 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

TMB
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by TMB » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:15 pm

Those pictures show a comfortable home.
1 x
Henry H004ES Golden Boy Eagle Scout Tribute
Henry H004 Golden Boy .22 cal
Henry H006C Big Boy Classic .45 Colt

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong.” ... John Gierach

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:18 pm

Looks nice to me. Was it a north pole or south pole?
3 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:07 pm

I dont blame you a bit Bandit. Less to take care of no stress. We have all these new conveniences like cell phones ect and when they brake or dont work all that time is spent fixing them. I like camo to because when you have camo on nobody can see you.
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:51 pm

Looks cozy to me Bandit! Ours is a modest sized home as well. Don`t need a dish washer. Would rather do them after every meal and put them away. Easy when there are only a few. Dish washers are " Dirty Dish Collectors " Ya might need a particular dish, and realize....dang it, it`s still dirty. Washer has not been filled enough yet to justify running it! :?
Garbage disposal...just more waste particles to help clog the sewer line. Scrape it into the trash!
Have hardwood floors as well, but I ain't gonna move all the furniture every time they would need polished.
Nothing wrong with a lived in house. I do keep a clean and organized home, but not out to impress anyone!
Your home looks very nice AND comfortable to me! ☺👍
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Post by Cofisher » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:57 pm

I agree. The less stuff, the less stress. Live your life. Not someone else's. I love waking up and not having to worry about my stuff.

Be at peace brother...you got this.
3 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:05 pm

That room looks great to me!

My wife and I are happy with our 1961 era brick rancher on a nice larger corner lot.
12 years ago we pulled up all the carpet to expose and use the original hardwood floors and they could use a refinish when we git a round toit!
2 x