Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

SAI M1A Loaded Review

Hrfunk
Cowhand
United States of America

SAI M1A Loaded Review

Post by Hrfunk » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:24 am

For any of you with an interest in the M1A/M14/M21 Sniper System, here's a review of the most recent rifle to join my collection.

Howard

https://youtu.be/3ule7Q0SvX0
1 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: SAI M1A Loaded Review

Post by JEBar » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:51 am

interesting, well done video .... 308 :?: ....
0 x

Hrfunk
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Hrfunk » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:53 am

JEBar wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:51 am
interesting, well done video .... 308 :?: ....
Thank you! Yes, it's a 308.

Howard
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:25 am

Nice video Howard. Would not want to be at the far end of that rifle! :shock:
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Hrfunk
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Hrfunk » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:38 am

Ha, ha! I'm really happy with the accuracy I'm seeing out of it!

Howard
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:48 am

Hrfunk wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:38 am
Ha, ha! I'm really happy with the accuracy I'm seeing out of it!

Howard
And yourself Howard...no surprise you were/are a sniper!!
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:29 pm

Nice Rifle, excellent shooting. I would have made the same decision on the scope. I don't like cluttered optics. :) I mostly stick to open sights of one form or another, but when I do scope something, I try to keep a clean reticle.

I shot match grade Garands and M14s in High Power matches in the Corps, built by the armorers in the Corps. Never served as a sniper during my time in, nor afterwards in my second career, but still love them both. Either (both) are on my bucket list, though I don't really need em. If I come across a good deal I'll add one or the other to the safe, if not... ;)

We were privileged to have Gunny Hathcock as the Guest of Honor at our SNCO Birthday Ball one year while I was a Staff Instructor for AE School in Memphis in the 80s. He was humble and quiet, not at all what I had expected when I met him. I have a signed copy of his book in my safe. When he spoke at the Dinner, it was not the adventure we thought we would get, but very motivational in a different way. He spoke softly, calmly and sincerely, and he spoke NOT of his exploits as a sniper, but of his pleasure to serve with the Men of the Corps, of Leadership and Honor. He closed by saying that the Corps is a Lifestyle and a mindset, not something you do for a while, and then put behind you. I never forgot those few hours. ;)
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Hrfunk
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Hrfunk » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:00 pm

BrokenolMarine wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:29 pm
Nice Rifle, excellent shooting. I would have made the same decision on the scope. I don't like cluttered optics. :) I mostly stick to open sights of one form or another, but when I do scope something, I try to keep a clean reticle.

I shot match grade Garands and M14s in High Power matches in the Corps, built by the armorers in the Corps. Never served as a sniper during my time in, nor afterwards in my second career, but still love them both. Either (both) are on my bucket list, though I don't really need em. If I come across a good deal I'll add one or the other to the safe, if not... ;)

We were privileged to have Gunny Hathcock as the Guest of Honor at our SNCO Birthday Ball one year while I was a Staff Instructor for AE School in Memphis in the 80s. He was humble and quiet, not at all what I had expected when I met him. I have a signed copy of his book in my safe. When he spoke at the Dinner, it was not the adventure we thought we would get, but very motivational in a different way. He spoke softly, calmly and sincerely, and he spoke NOT of his exploits as a sniper, but of his pleasure to serve with the Men of the Corps, of Leadership and Honor. He closed by saying that the Corps is a Lifestyle and a mindset, not something you do for a while, and then put behind you. I never forgot those few hours. ;)
I wish I'd met him. He basically set up the Sniper Course I attended at the Ohio Peace Officer's Training Academy, and he attended the annual training there for new Snipers every year while his health permitted. I attended in 1997, and my class was the second or third he had not been able to attend. Still, his influence in that training resulted in its being the finest tactical training I ever attended. Ironically, two years later, I was attending an FBI Sniper school at Camp Perry when I learned of his passing. There was a former Master Sergeant there who knew him and talked of his exploits. I doubt we shall see his like again.

Semper Fi,
Howard
0 x