Post by dddrees » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:44 am

PT7 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:20 am
Whoa, a quite 8-) collection!

I have one .22LR in my gun cabinet. :)
Ruger MkIV 22/45
dddrees wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:34 am
The majority of my fairly modest collection of firearms are rimfire. Numerous reasons why but yes rimfire is fun and better yet it cost less as well.
dddrees wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:10 am
Back on Topic.

22s I currently own.

Anschutz Exemplar
Anschutz 54 Match
Browning SA-22
Cooper 57m Western Classic
Korth 1969b
Freedom Arms 97 22 LR
Henry Golden Boy
Remington 121
Ruger Stainless GP 100 22
Ruger Stainless SP101
Ruger Stainless Single Ten
Ruger Stainless Single Six 0625
Ruger Stainless Single Six 0678
Ruger Stainless Bearcat
Ruger Mark IV Hunter
SW Victory 22
SW 41 Performance Center
SW 41 7"
SW 617 4"
Winchester 1885 Single Shot
Winchester 9422
Thanks, but I know there are quite a few here that have even more.

So although I have those which are not 22s it's the 22s I shoot more often and because I only have a few I wanted to make sure I had a few nicer ones. They really do work for me better not only because of my sore arthritic hands but because 22s or so much cheaper than other calibers. I have a few Airguns as well for times I can't get to the range but I am able to fire Auirguns legally in my backyard. Growing up this was never an issue but I specifically checked it out with my local police department first. As a teenager for the most part I only shot a BB Gun but it was great fun just shooting a pie plate for the most part. So for me it's just the joy of aiming and hitting what your aiming at.

Personally I had never owned anything but a BB Gun when I was a teenager decades ago. I did of course fire a gun a good bit when in the Army but I just never owned one until a few years ago. Anyway it's forums such as this and Rimfire Central and people like NCG where I discovered the existence of some of these. Of course initially it was things such as the Ruger Mark IV, the Ruger Single Six, or the S&W 617. But as I started to dig and look around more then I discovered things such as Anschutz or Freedom Arms. By then I also had a better idea as to what and what did not work for me and by this time I was ready to commit a bit more to some nicer guns. But really without forums such as this and people like NCG that would have been much more difficult or almost impossible. My local LGS most certainly doesn't have any of these.
Last edited by dddrees on Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
1 x

dddrees
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Re: Rimfire Addict

Post by dddrees » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:46 am

Cowpokey wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:03 am
dddrees wrote:
Back on Topic.

22s I currently own.

I really want one of those...but they were never put on the "approved" list for my state, and now they are all gone.
Yeah that's bad

I really do enjoy my single action revolvers.
0 x

Cowpokey
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by Cowpokey » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:37 am

PT7 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:04 am
Cowpokey wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:28 am
... the folks were here visiting (from Missouri)...
Just curious. Where do your folks live here in MO? Is MO your home state?
They have a farm south of Birch Tree. Not our home state, we're originally from South Dakota...I haven't lived there in 29 years, folks left about 18 years ago, sure miss pheasant hunting.
1 x
MSgt USAF - Retired, 1990-2014
VFW (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:25 pm

I have 2.
- Rossi pump rifle
- SW K22 Revolver
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Cowpokey
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by Cowpokey » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:15 pm

dddrees wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:46 am
Cowpokey wrote:
dddrees wrote:
Back on Topic.

22s I currently own.

I really want one of those...but they were never put on the "approved" list for my state, and now they are all gone.
Yeah that's bad

They go by model number here on all new "restricted" guns (handguns and "scary black MASS MURDER rifles"). It's pretty ridiculous...I've had a New Vaquero 5162 (Birdshead 357 Mag) in the safe at the LGS for over three months because it's "not on the list". Had to submit a petition to the MD State Police to have it added, they have a board meeting quarterly...tomorrow is finally the day they vote one it, but they won't actually add it to the list until next meeting..."if approved".

There are a lot of single sixes on the approved list, but most of them have been in production for years. The 0678 was a limited edition (500 made), and no-one submitted a petition for one here, and they are no longer available, sadly.

Pardon my sarcasm...it's hard to keep it contained on subjects so aggravating.
0 x

dddrees
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by dddrees » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:18 pm

Cowpokey wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:15 pm
dddrees wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:46 am
Cowpokey wrote:

Yeah that's bad

They go by model number here on all new "restricted" guns (handguns and "scary black MASS MURDER rifles"). It's pretty ridiculous...I've had a New Vaquero 5162 (Birdshead 357 Mag) in the safe at the LGS for over three months because it's "not on the list". Had to submit a petition to the MD State Police to have it added, they have a board meeting quarterly...tomorrow is finally the day they vote one it, but they won't actually add it to the list until next meeting..."if approved".

There are a lot of single sixes on the approved list, but most of them have been in production for years. The 0678 was a limited edition (500 made), and no-one submitted a petition for one here, and they are no longer available, sadly.

Pardon my sarcasm...it's hard to keep it contained on subjects so aggravating.
Yeah, sounds fairly ridiculous. Thankfully I don't have to go through anything even remotely close to those kind of requirements where I live.
0 x

Cowpokey
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by Cowpokey » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:23 pm

Maryland is more gun friendly than a lot of states north east of here, just doesn't have the freedom of my home state of South Dakota.
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:27 pm

Dan, thank-you for the nice comments and I'm with you all the way on the joys and advantages of shooting rimfires and airguns.
1 x

If1Hitu
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by If1Hitu » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:28 pm

Welcome from Kentucky.
0 x
A individual can't be a Army
A individual can't be a Navy.
A individual can't be a Air Force
A individual can't be a Coast Guard
A individual can be a MARINE! Semper Fi.