Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

I really hate to see this

Tell us about your rides. Daily transportation or your baby. Tell us about them and show them off.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

I really hate to see this

Post by JEBar » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:04 am

Given ===> I've been out of working in the RV industry for a while ..... it appears to have become the norm but I find myself troubled at the advertised financing being pushed for purchasing .... I don't know how long the link below will be valid but when it isn't, another just like it wold be easy to find another for motorhomes or other RV's .... it shows a 2019 KEYSTONE MONTANA 3921FB on On Clearance at Camping World .... Sale Price $63,995 .... my issue has nothing to do with the manufacture or the price .... what really concerns me is the financing terms ===> *based on 15% down, 5.99% APR, & 240 Months .... I mean seriously, financing a 5er for 20 years .... based on what I've seen, a small, no make that very small percentage of 5ers produced today have a 20 year lifespan ... people who make such loans will be upside down on them from the get-go and won't reach a balance point until the loan is nearly paid for .... I sure hope folks step back and do some serious thinking before signing for such a loan

https://rv.campingworld.com/rvdetails/n ... LAK1540888
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Re: I really hate to see this

Post by markiver54 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:16 am

Unfortunately, for some, instant gratification will take them to financial dire-straights.
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:24 am

I sure hope folks step back and do some serious thinking before signing for such a loan
I agreee and you cannot imagine what I have seen take place in all my years in the RV industry.
The RV industry is very sales driven and I have see some of the most unscrupulous actions by dealers/salespeople to do anything to sell an RV to nearly anyone - including some who have no business owning an RV in the first place.
Last edited by Mistered on Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:49 am

Thanks for the info!
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:56 am

Never owned an RV, unless you count a couple of beater pu trucks that would get me within a couple mile hike of various trout lakes in the western Washington mountains, where I'd camp out for a few days and live off the land. Totally off the grid and rarely saw any other people, which was my intent. Last time was about 20 years ago. I miss that.
3 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:09 pm

Mistered wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:24 am
I agreee and you cannot imagine what I have seen take place in all my years in the RV industry. The RV industry is very sales driven and I have see some of the most unscrupulous actions by dealers/salespeople to do anything to sell an RV to nearly anyone - including some who have no business owning an RV in the first place.

absolutely agree
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:16 pm

We are a how much is my monthly payment society. A lot of people don't care of the end result or if there upside down.
2 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Cowboy Gun Fan
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Cowboy Gun Fan » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:01 pm

Not sure if that is industry wide or just Camping World, but Gander Outdoors as well as Camping World (same owners) is off my list for obvious reasons, although ones that we are not allowed to talk about here.

I do not like them and am boycotting both.
1 x
NRA Member

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:06 pm

Not sure if that is industry wide or just Camping World
Camping World is NOTORIOUS for low balling, underhanded dealing and anything else you can think of.
They are known for very poor service (literally none at most of their locations) and are basically retail parts and RV sales.
1 x

Old Syko
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Old Syko » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:15 pm

The problem is it's not just RVs. It's anything considered luxury. It's boats, ATVs, and many other things including cars and houses. I know more people than I want to admit that have been sucked in by these sort of dealings. I know a guy here who just made such a purchase as JEBar described and he's nearly 70 years old. My feeling is that it's not the sellers to be blamed here since we thrive due to a free trade economy.
0 x
NRA Life Endowment Member