Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Well, I changed my mind..the Henry Gunfighter..

A place to discuss Henry's entry into revolvers
inspcalahan
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Re: Well, I changed my mind..the Henry Gunfighter..

Post by inspcalahan » Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:26 am

Mr. Neutron wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:53 pm
inspcalahan wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:07 pm
** I had a bunch of pics to include but can't figure out how to attach them. I'm a drag and drop from my laptop guy and don't use a photo server to insert a url, so for now, it's just my review in text that I wrote on another foruum.
inspcalahan,

I'll try my hand at verbal description of how to post pics. I hope this might help......

When you go to post, there's a "field" you type in your text. Just below that field are 2 clickable boxes with words in them. Click on the that says "Full Editor & Preview". That takes you to a new field to type in your text, with a lot of options above the field, and smilies off to the right.

Below that field box is what looks like a folder tab that says "Attachments". There's a box just below that folder tab you can click on that says "Add files". Click on that. On my Windows laptop, it launches right into my folder called Pictures, where I have my photos stored. I'd guess that yours will be there, or in some similar type of folder. Select the picture you want to post by single-clicking on it once. Again, on my laptop, the window my picture is in will now give me the "Open" option box in the lower right hand of that window to click on, so hammer that one.

After that go back to the window that you're posting in, and look below all the Attachments/add files stuff. You should see the filename of your picture, with a box to the right of it that says "Place inline". Now when I do this, before I click on Place inline, I will put my cursor for text around 4-5 lines below my last text entry by simply hitting "ENTER" 4-5 times. This helps me locate my photo where I'd like it within the post. After I've done this, I click on the "Place inline" button. The computer will "think" for a second or three, then you will see the name ofyour photo/attachment code come up in the field of your post. Clicking on "Preview" will allow you to see what you've done, or in my case, need to redo, usually...... :oops: If you're happy with everything, click on "Submit", knowing you can always go back a short time later and edit the thing. Most of my posts take me several tries to get it right.......

lockscreen_wallpaper.jpg

This is a photo of my son he took of himself on my phone. My phone fell outta my pocket, and he went back down the trail and found it for me. After he found it, he unlocked my phone, took this picture of himself, and placed it on the home screen of my phone. In probably less than 20 minutes total!!! I normally can't figure out how to do ANYTHING on my phone in under 20 minutes, let alone find it on a trail somewhere....... :?

Added in EDIT: Does your new revolver pretty much shoot to point of aim, inspcalahan? Did you need to swap front sights?
Mr Neutron - I thank you sir!! Your tutorial was enough to walk me through it...I just added a new reply with a bunch of pics but, I know kind of understand how they attach and where you have to put your text to make it all line up. Perhaps in another thread at some point, I'll work on refining that. Much appreciated sir!

And yes, with the sight installed that it came with, it was pretty much point of aim/point of impact. I'll just keep the other sights in the box tucked away in case I come up with other loads down the road that need adjustment.
0 x

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:37 am

That revolver actually looks better in the posts than in the stock pictures. Seems to shoot straight. Looks like a win-win.
0 x

mjh
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by mjh » Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:55 am

Thanks for the write up's and the photos.

Price wise I think most new revolvers made of metal are going to be in the same price range or more. Have recently seen GP 100's and Kimbers for 1K+

Keep enjoying your Henry Revolver, may have look a little closer myself......
0 x