Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Problem with my new Henry...

Roald
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Problem with my new Henry...

Post by Roald » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:05 pm

Hello all,

I purchased my first gun, a Henry 001, about two months ago. I’ve only taken it to the range twice and have shot a total of approximately 300 rounds through it.

At first the hammer would seat in the firing, half cocked/safety, and full cocked positions. It functioned perfectly.

After my second trip to the range, the hammer will now only seat in the firing position or full cocked position. No half cocked/safety position.

Has anyone had this issue? Is it perhaps in need of cleaning?

I contacted Henry, and they said that I can send the rifle to them for inspection/repair. I’m just wondering if this is an easy fix that I can do myself.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Re: Problem with my new Henry...

Post by CT_Shooter » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:00 pm

Welcome to the forum from CT.

Several of our members are very familiar with the H001 internals and will reply with their advice about DIY options.

I'm less confident in my own abilities, though, and wouldn't hesitate to let Henry check it out and manage the repair for me. They usually turn repairs around quickly. They'll email a paid shipping label to you if you decide to go that route.

Glad you joined us. Please keep us posted. Thanks.
Roald wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:05 pm
Hello all,

I purchased my first gun, a Henry 001, about two months ago. I’ve only taken it to the range twice and have shot a total of approximately 300 rounds through it.

At first the hammer would seat in the firing, half cocked/safety, and full cocked positions. It functioned perfectly.

After my second trip to the range, the hammer will now only seat in the firing position or full cocked position. No half cocked/safety position.

Has anyone had this issue? Is it perhaps in need of cleaning?

I contacted Henry, and they said that I can send the rifle to them for inspection/repair. I’m just wondering if this is an easy fix that I can do myself.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

Lyman
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Lyman » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:04 pm

The half cock is not very noticeable. With an empty rifle and the hammer in the fired position, pull back slightly on the hammer. You will see the trigger go back slightly and become fixed similar to a set trigger. You will NOT notice an audible click. If you put your finger lightly on the trigger while doing this you can feel it. Henry will fix any problem you might have. Best customer service ever.
0 x
NRA & 2nd Amendment Supporter. Lyman is my middle name.

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:38 pm

welcome indeed .... delighted to have you join our forum .... can't help with the issue with your Henry but others will no doubt chime in .... should it need to be sent back, Henry will most certainly take care of it .... be sure to follow the link below to where you can add yours to our community's total

http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 88#p138488
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:38 am

Welcome to the forum glad you joined us. If you feel you need to send it in you will be taken care of. There customer service is second to none and they make it easy
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55