Henry .22LR trigger pull

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Henry .22LR trigger pull

Post by Sir Henry » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:51 pm

bandit1250 wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:58 pm
If I shoot my Marlin 39A's and my Henry Frontier often enough I can get used to the heavier trigger pull especially if they have a clean break on the sear. Go back to shooting my CZ 452's for a while and then the lever guns feel terrible again. The 3+ lb. triggers are OK but nothing like shooting my CZ's and my Remington 540XR with triggers at 8 oz. After shooting the 40X Remington with the 2 oz. trigger :o my CZ's feel like they are heavy to pull. :lol: The Remington 2 oz. takes some getting used to but it is an awesome trigger. For all out accuracy shooting good triggers are a must.
BINGO!
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Stump
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Stump » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:08 pm

I just tested my H001M with a wheeler gauge and it tested at 3.5lbs. The rifle is fairly new and just only maybe 75 rounds through it, just cleaned it up well and lubed it, with more break-in it will drop a bit more.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:23 am

Stump wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:08 pm
I just tested my H001M with a wheeler gauge and it tested at 3.5lbs. The rifle is fairly new and just only maybe 75 rounds through it, just cleaned it up well and lubed it, with more break-in it will drop a bit more.
Three and a half out of the box is good!
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Stump
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Stump » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:03 pm

I don't believe anyone makes aftermarket triggers for Henry's. Have you taken the receiver cover off and looked inside? It could be very dirty and dry inside there and needs a good cleaning and lube. I'd try some lube between the trigger and sear and shoot it a bit, it should smooth out and lighten up a bit. The other alternative is to polish those parts and that would most likely yield the best results. I have 2 Henry 22wmr rifles, one is at 3.5lbs and one is at 3lbs all with cleaning and lubing and shooting.
1 x