Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Motorcycle carry options?

Alex
Wrangler
United States of America

Motorcycle carry options?

Post by Alex » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:36 pm

After lusting over a Henry in .357 for YEARS I finally decided to go ahead and do it and have a .357 Brass carbine with 16.5in Octagon bbl and large loop coming on Tuesday. Oh Man I am an old dude that feels like a little kid at Christmas.

I hope someone can lead me in the right direction on transport options. I have been searching for hours and haven't found what I think I need yet.

My primary form of transport is a Motorcycle. A Suzuki V Strom to be exact. I want to be able to take my rifle to the range or out into the desert to shot via bike. I have looked at ATV mounts but they are huge.

What I have come to is wearing it across the back but I want something that will completely cover the gun. Many of the options I see are Scabbards designed for quick access and have the stock exposed. I dont need quick access. I wont be jumping off the bike to shoot at anything. I just want to take it from point A to point B.

So what I hope exists is a small form full enclosed padded pouch that has either a single or double strap to wear either cross the back or like a backpack. I wouldn't mind if it were open at one end but I would like some means of securing the rifle like a flap or strap that would make sure it didn't want to pop out while I am riding or if god forbid I dump the bike. I live in a gun friendly state but my personal preference is that it not be super tactical looking but...having said that ANY and ALL suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
Alex

Edited to add
DOH .. first post and I put it in the wrong board!! :shock: I apologize for that
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Re: Motorcycle carry options?

Post by CT_Shooter » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:54 pm

Welcome to the forum from CT, Alex. I did a quick search and found what seems like what you're looking for. Good luck with your search. Glad you joined us.
http://www.jtidist.com/tough-1-deluxe-r ... 52405.html

When you get a chance, you might add your Henrys to our member running tally in the "How Many" thread:

http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 97#p112997
Alex wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:36 pm
After lusting over a Henry in .357 for YEARS I finally decided to go ahead and do it and have a .357 Brass carbine with 16.5in Octagon bbl and large loop coming on Tuesday. Oh Man I am an old dude that feels like a little kid at Christmas.

I hope someone can lead me in the right direction on transport options. I have been searching for hours and haven't found what I think I need yet.

My primary form of transport is a Motorcycle. A Suzuki V Strom to be exact. I want to be able to take my rifle to the range or out into the desert to shot via bike. I have looked at ATV mounts but they are huge.

What I have come to is wearing it across the back but I want something that will completely cover the gun. Many of the options I see are Scabbards designed for quick access and have the stock exposed. I dont need quick access. I wont be jumping off the bike to shoot at anything. I just want to take it from point A to point B.

So what I hope exists is a small form full enclosed padded pouch that has either a single or double strap to wear either cross the back or like a backpack. I wouldn't mind if it were open at one end but I would like some means of securing the rifle like a flap or strap that would make sure it didn't want to pop out while I am riding or if god forbid I dump the bike. I live in a gun friendly state but my personal preference is that it not be super tactical looking but...having said that ANY and ALL suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
Alex

Edited to add
DOH .. first post and I put it in the wrong board!! :shock: I apologize for that
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:33 pm

Given that style of bike, I would think something like CT suggested will be your best, if not your only option.
Good protection in the event of an accident; however, If I go down on my bike, that rifle is not going to be my first concern!
🤕
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Alex
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by Alex » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:40 pm

I was hoping to find something like this but that would close on both ends. This guy only has a strap at the top. I guess if its long enough I can add snaps?

VISM by NcStar Tactical Shotgun Scabbard
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:20 pm

take a look at some of the gun cases designed to be used on 4-wheelers ...

link below to some : https://www.amazon.com/s?k=4+wheeler+gu ... _ss_i_3_19
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:25 pm

I'm no help with this. Wishing you a big welcome to the forum from the TV, Oregon.
Alex wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:40 pm
I was hoping to find something like this but that would close on both ends. This guy only has a strap at the top. I guess if its long enough I can add snaps?

VISM by NcStar Tactical Shotgun Scabbard
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Post by Cofisher » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:35 pm

Welcome from Nebraska. Good choice on a rifle. I'm sure you'll love it. On your carry question, perhaps find a soft case you like and add straps?
0 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:11 pm

markiver54 wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:33 pm
Given that style of bike, I would think something like CT suggested will be your best, if not your only option.
Good protection in the event of an accident; however, If I go down on my bike, that rifle is not going to be my first concern!
🤕
Lol, :o What? :lol:

RP
1 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

ChefDuane
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by ChefDuane » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:02 am

Hmm.. interesting question. Never carried a rifle on the bike, only a semi-auto handgun in the handlebar bag.
0 x
Henry Classic H001
Henry AR-7 Survival

USCG '77-'83
NRA/TxLTC

There is no greater protection against evil on the rampage than a loaded firearm in the hands of a free man.

Alex
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by Alex » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:18 pm

I think I may have found it!!
A little bit more than I was hoping to pay but .. its not a bad price .. just didnt want to pay that much! :)
The front bag comes off and its just a rectangular bag with a stout looking strap and pretty small. I just hope it fits the Carbine. I think it should just fit.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MBLD1ZC/ref=dp_cerb_3
0 x