Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Girlfriend at the range

ChefDuane
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Girlfriend at the range

Post by ChefDuane » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:11 am

Having a girlfriend who is also into guns is certainly very important for a healthy and balanced relationship. The fact that she knows how to handle a weapon is also important for her own protection and well being. It also demonstrates her desire to have a common interest with her partner and is a great sharing thing that the two of you can have. But, of course, the overriding factor that one must consider when entering into said relationship, and one that we here at HRF are most concerned with is... is she hot? :)
2 x
Henry Classic H001
Henry AR-7 Survival

USCG '77-'83
NRA/TxLTC

There is no greater protection against evil on the rampage than a loaded firearm in the hands of a free man.

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:30 am

I'm lucky enough to have a wife who supports my shooting, likes to shoot, and hunted all her life. But... As a Marine, Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor, and with more than forty years of competitive shooting behind me... I would be embarrassed if she outshot me. :oops:

Fishing? She tells everyone I catch bait compared to her fish. :lol: ( To be honest... :roll: )
She shoots well, as do my three girls...
;)
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:40 am

Having a girlfriend who is also into guns is certainly very important for a healthy and balanced relationship.
Oh man this is true.
I recently read on another forum a horror story
About a relationship that ended very badly over a disagreement about guns but I suspect there were other issues as well after reading 'between the lines'
Still however I have heard of many cases of the man 'hiding' his ownership of guns only to reveal it later with a bad outcome.
0 x

Chucksolo1
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by Chucksolo1 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:08 pm

She has been into shooting ever since she got her "Lady Smith" a couple of years back. After I got my H001, she started to really like going to the range. When I got her a Heritage Rough Rider in .22 LR/.22 Mag, she really got into the .22 LR cartridge and shooting more often. Getting my Golden Boy pushed her over the edge. Our time together at the range has really brought us closer and we always have a blast when we go (at least once a week), and she looks forward to our time there. I guess I am lucky to have a lady like her.
5 x

Redthies
Cowboy
Canada

Post by Redthies » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:39 pm

Soon you’ll be “Chuckduo2”!
4 x
SGC .22 LR Stripped and oiled up
BBSC .357 w Skinner Express & Patridge
BBSC .44 Magnum with Skinners
Marlin 1895GS .45-70 w RPP Cloverleaf
Marlin 336BL .30-30 w Skinner LoPro 2 and Sig 2-7x
1912 Winchester 1894 .30 WCF

Cowpokey
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by Cowpokey » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:22 pm

I'm pretty new to the Henry family, but wanted one for a long time...now in a month we have three.

They have a used one at the LGS / indoor range, that is a carbine .22LR (16" barrel) with buckhorn rear sight on an octagon barrel. Not one I'd seen before, looks really nice, but buckhorn rear sight doesn't work with my eyes.
0 x
MSgt USAF - Retired, 1990-2014
VFW (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:30 am

Cowpokey wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:22 pm
I'm pretty new to the Henry family, but wanted one for a long time...now in a month we have three.

They have a used one at the LGS / indoor range, that is a carbine .22LR (16" barrel) with buckhorn rear sight on an octagon barrel. Not one I'd seen before, looks really nice, but buckhorn rear sight doesn't work with my eyes.
The Skinner sights are reasonable, go on easy, and look sharp. I put one on my Big Boy, 357 Carbine. :lol:
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Dahliathemeh
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Dahliathemeh » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:25 pm

Chef, you made me giggle!!!
1 x
I never take myself seriously....

Cowpokey
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by Cowpokey » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:59 pm

BrokenolMarine wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:30 am
Cowpokey wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:22 pm

The Skinner sights are reasonable, go on easy, and look sharp. I put one on my Big Boy, 357 Carbine. :lol:
I have a SGC and an Evil Roy, both in 22LR, and I put a stainless Skinner sight on the ER. Got a Golden Boy 22LR for my daughter, and put a brass Skinner sight on it.

My grandfather had a lever action 22LR when I was pretty young (7, maybe 8?) with a rear peep sight, that sure was a nice little gun. He let me shoot flicker tails with it out in the cow pasture.
0 x
MSgt USAF - Retired, 1990-2014
VFW (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)

ChefDuane
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by ChefDuane » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:09 am

Dahliathemeh wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:25 pm
Chef, you made me giggle!!!

..ahh... my work is finished here. ;)
1 x
Henry Classic H001
Henry AR-7 Survival

USCG '77-'83
NRA/TxLTC

There is no greater protection against evil on the rampage than a loaded firearm in the hands of a free man.