United States of America

Re: Girlfriend at the range

Post by Mags » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:56 pm

Yes, as they should!
markiver54 wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:49 pm
Shakey Jake wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:50 pm
Glad you took your GF to the range. I see more and more females at my range and I think it's great to see the younger gals getting into shooting. There were four this morning at the rifle range. Typically there are more on the pistol range than the rifle range. All in all great to see the enthusiasm.
Yes, I think the women are thinking more and more about self defense. As they should.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

.38SuperMan
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by .38SuperMan » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:00 pm

My wife gave me a Henry carbine two years ago for my 70th birthday. She’s never been much into shooting but I talked her into trying my Henry. It was love at first shot and she took my Henry away. She love it almost as much as she loves me and it was worth giving up my new rifle to have her as my shooting partner too.

My sweet wife gave me the OK to buy another which I did. Unfortunately the store I bought it from sold me the wrong rifle. I purchased a carbine but they actually gave me a standard rifle. I discovered the mistake when I got home and drove 50 miles to the Rural King where I bought it to find they wouldn’t make good on a swap.

To make the story short I sold it and bought a Henry Big Boy carbine with the brass receiver in 45LC which I really like. I also found a super clean Winchester 62a pump 22 that I bought so I wound up with a nice Winchester, Henry 45LC and get to shoot her carbine plus have a wonderful shooting partner.
4 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:28 pm

I’ve been dating a woman for about three months. We made it to the range once for a few minutes. Shooting in the rain isn’t much fun so we didn’t stay for long.

When the weather improves we will go again. I was going solo today but the rain even kept me away. When we go again I want it to be something she enjoys and not something she has to endure.
5 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

.38SuperMan
Tenderfoot
United States of America

A loving wife is a wonderful thing!

Post by .38SuperMan » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:44 pm

You just never know how an act of love & kindness will turn out. In my previous post I stated I talked my non shooter wife into shooting my Henry carbine and she liked it so much she took it and made it hers. I felt it’s a small price to pay to get her into shooting with me.

Anyway she said I could replace it and I wound up with a new Big Boy 45LC, beautiful vintage Winchester 62a and today I picked up a new H001L to replace the one she took. Folks I lucked out! Not only did I get the sweetest wife I got three rifles in the deal. Of course it doesn’t hurt to buy her new clothes and shoes when she spots something she likes.

I’m happy and she’s happy and I have a great shooting partner. I think that was an excellent deal.

A little history behind the new H001L. I live near Buds Gun Shop and Smoky Mountain Guns And Ammo. That’s a bad think as you know but this morning I was scanning their website and saw they have a special edition that has a special SN. I just had to have one and now you know the full story.
4 x

Dahliathemeh
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Dahliathemeh » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:23 pm

@38SuperMan Happy wife happy life :D
0 x
I never take myself seriously....

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:33 pm

My wife doesn't shoot or have an interest in firearms. If she did I'd have to sleep with one eye open.
1 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:09 pm

The great thing about a wife or girlfriend that shoots, especially one that shoots well...
If the proverbial feces hits the fan... You have back up. :twisted:
When we go on long trips, we both carry our Glock 23s... :D
I put a dozen spare mags in the center console. No worry about which mag will work for who. ;)
We take the Airweight 38 and my 357 Snubby as back ups. Two boxes of 38+p and a few speed strips.
We are Golden.

:P
5 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.