Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

New loading gate rifle

Jobrando
Tenderfoot
United States of America

New loading gate rifle

Post by Jobrando » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:25 pm

New here and henry lever rifles. I joined so i could watch production of the loading gate rifle. My first question is for folks that have a feel, based on history, how calbers are added.
None of the starting calibers interest me. Will it be years or months in the caliber progression?
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Re: New loading gate rifle

Post by CT_Shooter » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:38 pm

Welcome to the forum from CT. I'm not sure your question has an answer, at least not one that I can provide. Henry surprised all of us with the new side gate line. Nonetheless, someone may have some inside info. Hang in there.
Jobrando wrote:New here and henry lever rifles. I joined so i could watch production of the loading gate rifle. My first question is for folks that have a feel, based on history, how calbers are added.
None of the starting calibers interest me. Will it be years or months in the caliber progression?
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:49 pm

Jobrando wrote:Will it be years or months in the caliber progression?
that's a question that many of us would like to know the answer too .... our forum is not a part of Henry USA, we are a completely separate organization .... for something of this type it might pay you to call Henry Customer Service .... if you choose to do so, please report what you are told .... collectively I'm sure we hope the new line proves to be very successful (as we do all of the lines Henry produces) and that it will be expanded to other calibers as well
0 x

Ojaileveraction
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ojaileveraction » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:50 pm

Rimfire rifles will never have a side loading gate.
0 x
Pax at Justitia

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:25 pm

Henry, like most other manufacturers, tend to not divulge that particular bit of information since it provides the competition with too much info. Just like the car biz or smart phones. When they're ready to release a new product or a significant modification, they'll usually do it at a National show such as SHOT, or NRAAM, etc.

What you will hear is a whole lot of speculation by gun mags, and other so-called "insiders".
0 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:30 pm

What caliber are you wanting?
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Flinch
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Flinch » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:52 pm

I am going to hold off on purchasing another Henry until the calibers I want are available in the side loading gate rifle.
0 x
Be thankful we are not getting all the government we are paying for. - Will Rogers

Redthies
Cowboy
Canada

Post by Redthies » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:41 pm

I might go for a .30-30, but I’ll probably get a .44 CCH first. I actually like the tube loading style better now.
0 x
SGC .22 LR Stripped and oiled up
BBSC .357 w Skinner Express & Patridge
BBSC .44 Magnum with Skinners
Marlin 1895GS .45-70 w RPP Cloverleaf
Marlin 336BL .30-30 w Skinner LoPro 2 and Sig 2-7x
1912 Winchester 1894 .30 WCF

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by bandit1250 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:18 am

Ojaileveraction wrote:Rimfire rifles will never have a side loading gate.

I don't believe there would be a change to side loading on the lever action rim fire Henry's. Marlin did make a side loader in 22 in the Model 1891. :o I believe it was more complicated to build and harder to load with the small cartridges. It was also made in some other calibers. The tube fed levers are here to stay and nobody seems to mind them being loaded that way. :)
2 x

Bugs
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Bugs » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:43 am

Thinking about this one has to wonder if it might create "I want the gate & tube load from now on" if they start to move on to the other calibers. Might affect sales as people wait for the new models. If they do it they may have to completely retrofit over to gate & tube load on all models. I wonder if enough people would want "tube load only" or we would see the gradual disappearance of tube load only models.
0 x