Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

New loading gate rifle

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: New loading gate rifle

Post by Mags » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:17 pm

Might not need to disassemble. Likely just looking inside the loading gate to see where the end of the inner mag tube and follower end.
GunnyGene wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:39 pm
GFK wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:57 pm
Mistered wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 10:06 pm
However while the idea of the side gate coupled with retaining the the tube load system seems like a great idea I am afraid a similar problem MIGHT be encountered similarly with the current tube system and that is with the rims of cartridges 'catching' on the inner tube as loading rounds is being accomplished.
The inner tube reduces the inside diameter of the load tube and if the mouth of the inner tube is left 'square' rims of the cartridges will no doubt catch on the mouth of the inner tube and POSSIBLY cause sticking of the rounds being loaded.
This is not a problem on other traditional side gate loading rifles as there is only one tube as a magazine with nothing for the rounds to catch or hang up on.
Interesting thought.
I haven't heard of that being a problem. I think if it were, somebody would have said something by now. I don't know how Henry might have addressed that tho. I got hands on with a 30-30 H024 at my lgs this morning, but didn't think about exploring that. They probably wouldn't have let me disassemble it anyway. :lol: I did pull the inner tube out and it looks the same as any other tube - steel follower and all.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Re: New loading gate rifle

Post by GunnyGene » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:34 pm

Mags wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:17 pm
Might not need to disassemble. Likely just looking inside the loading gate to see where the end of the inner mag tube and follower end.
Maybe. Pretty small opening tho and a bad angle to see inside. Anyway, I didn't think about the rim hanging question while I was there.
0 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.