Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Anyone have an American Eagle?

Mgderf
Cowhand
United States of America

Anyone have an American Eagle?

Post by Mgderf » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:05 am

By now most of you know that I was chosen as the grand prize winner in the 3rd anniversary giveaway here on the Henry forums.
The grand prize is the Henry American Eagle.

Since Saturday, I've read just about every article or blurb I could find regarding this rifle, but I can't find anything that looks like a "customer review".
I'm hoping that I'll be able to handle one at the annual NRA meeting in Indianapolis this weekend.

There are a few available for sale on GunBroker and Gun Genie, but Lipseys doesn't show any in stock, nor does Grab-a-gun.
It appears they were only made available as of maybe January of 2019.

Does any member here own an American Eagle?
If so, have you shot it?

I feel like a kid on Christmas eve, looking at the presents that I can't yet open...
1 x

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Re: Anyone have an American Eagle?

Post by Vaquero » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:30 am

Mgderf, I do believe I saw where a member had one here just a short while back.
Maybe that was an Evil Roy I was thinkin about.

Sorry no help here, but
Another Congrats to you Sir.
Can't wait to hear your reviews, as I guess they'll be our first.

RO
0 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:10 am

3 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:52 am

It's the same rifle as the Golden Boy Silver H004S but with different stock and forearm. It should shoot exactly like any other H004 series rifle, so look for those reviews. Congrats on your win!
Mgderf wrote:By now most of you know that I was chosen as the grand prize winner in the 3rd anniversary giveaway here on the Henry forums.
The grand prize is the Henry American Eagle.

Since Saturday, I've read just about every article or blurb I could find regarding this rifle, but I can't find anything that looks like a "customer review".
I'm hoping that I'll be able to handle one at the annual NRA meeting in Indianapolis this weekend.

There are a few available for sale on GunBroker and Gun Genie, but Lipseys doesn't show any in stock, nor does Grab-a-gun.
It appears they were only made available as of maybe January of 2019.

Does any member here own an American Eagle?
If so, have you shot it?

I feel like a kid on Christmas eve, looking at the presents that I can't yet open...
2 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Mgderf
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Mgderf » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:16 am

I got a chanced to handle one at the NRA meeting in Indianapolis yesterday.
What a beauty.

I actually got to talk face to face with the rep who is charged with sending out my rifle.
He said as soon as he gets back to his emails he'll get right on to sending my rifle on it's way.

I'm hoping for sometime this week.
3 x

Mgderf
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Mgderf » Mon May 06, 2019 5:33 am

Still waiting to hear about delivery.
0 x

Smithr5645
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Smithr5645 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:55 am

I own one s/n 129 I can’t bring myself to shoot it probably because I own also other Henry’s . Matter of fact I handed it down to my son I told him it’s up to him if he shoots it but I think he just going to mount it in a glass case in his living room I hope they come out with some other calibers with that finish like the big boy series. I wonder what the production run is going to be on the american Eagle.
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:17 pm

Welcome to the forum from Ct. Glad you joined. When you get a chance, consider adding your Henrys to our running total of Henrys owned by our members here:

http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 40#p122040

Thanks.
Smithr5645 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:55 am
I own one s/n 129 I can’t bring myself to shoot it probably because I own also other Henry’s . Matter of fact I handed it down to my son I told him it’s up to him if he shoots it but I think he just going to mount it in a glass case in his living room I hope they come out with some other calibers with that finish like the big boy series. I wonder what the production run is going to be on the american Eagle.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"