Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Henry rimfire rifling & twist rate

wingnut
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Henry rimfire rifling & twist rate

Post by wingnut » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:10 pm

A 60g bullet on a 22 Short case for an LR length. Requires a 1:9 or faster twist custom barrel:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/25061 ... round-nose#
0 x
You're born & you die. In between you get to shoot a bunch guns. Kind of sums up life to me. - Colorado Bob

henry22
Cowhand
Canada

Post by henry22 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:19 pm

Yeap, I was thinking along those lines. I love my CZ 455 in 17 hmr with the bull barrel. I'd like something identical to it in 22LR. Still, I love those darn lever actions, they're so much fun.

Have to find a 453 now. Thanks guys, much appreciated.
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:59 pm

Yes that is so!
henry22 wrote:... I love those darn lever actions, they're so much fun. ...
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

henry22
Cowhand
Canada

Post by henry22 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:27 am

Mags, I just Google mapped the Tualatin Valley. My God that's beautiful country. It SUCKS here right now. Still snow, cold, I can't wait for spring. We got a bum deal in Canada. 6 months of winter isn't fair.

Is there any chance you'd be interested in adopting a married couple, both just shy of 50, between the months of November and April each year?
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:01 pm

It is yes, but comes at a price, roughly 9 months of mostly damp, dreary, gray days. We have been sunshine starved. The past few unusual sunny days have really lifted our spirit. Do you get a lot of winter sun? Maybe we could trade or in a year or 2 buy us out.
henry22 wrote:Mags, I just Google mapped the Tualatin Valley. My God that's beautiful country. It SUCKS here right now. Still snow, cold, I can't wait for spring. We got a bum deal in Canada. 6 months of winter isn't fair.

Is there any chance you'd be interested in adopting a married couple, both just shy of 50, between the months of November and April each year?
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

henry22
Cowhand
Canada

Post by henry22 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:35 pm

I had to add this post-post, it's for anyone who's owned the CZ 453 and or the 455. What makes the 453 varmint model more desirable over say the 455 varmint, or new 457 varmint?
Thank you.

Really. God, bummer. My wife and I did our honeymoon in California — almost a full month. Started in San Fransisco, drove down the coast, then visited a girlfriend from high school who's American and lives Santa Monica. Then we drove to Rancho Mirage near Palm Springs, Joshua Tree, and I fell in love with the place.

I need to live near the high desert, lots of mountains, dry air, tons of sunshine, huge expanses of space, and great shooting weather. Dang I wish I had dual citizenship.
0 x

BillyBoy
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by BillyBoy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:41 pm

Fascinating discussion, and one I have never thought about. I have a slightly different take on it.

I have this thing, with two beautiful pieces of walnut, separated by a brass thingy. Inside the brass thingy are a bunch of bits and pieces, and under it is a trigger and lever. Up on top is a long steel rod with a hole running through it.

You lever a round into the rod, point it at the target, pull the trigger, and voila, a little lead bit rockets down the hole with a loud boom, and bingo- there's a hole dead centered in the target. Repeat over and over until you get bored and head for home.

Kidding aside, all design is based on empirical knowledge attained over many, often hundreds, of years. We have all commented on the high level of craftsmanship exhibited by the Henry company. But we seldom give credit to the amazing men and women who actually design the Henry's. As a product designer now for almost 50 years, I ALWAYS honor and give credit to the designers and engineers who make a product come to life.

And, IMO, Henry Repeating Arms has the BEST!

Bill
0 x

DRFROG
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by DRFROG » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:17 pm

All I can add is Amen
0 x
The Damn Yankee Rifle You Can Load On Sunday And Shoot All Week