Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Question about finish

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Question about finish

Post by GunnyGene » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:18 am

Will Henry redo the finish on a H001 receiver? The rifle was bought used by a friend and the paint on the receiver (not the cover) is peeling off.
0 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: Question about finish

Post by PT7 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:27 am

GunnyGene wrote:Will Henry redo the finish on a H001 receiver? The rifle was bought used by a friend and the paint on the receiver (not the cover) is peeling off.
I'd think that, if requested, Henry might simply replace the receiver. A call to them explaining the above purchase condition would be the way I would go.
1 x

~Пока~

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:08 am

Agreed on PT's suggestion. I'd be prepared with Serial Number and pics, too, in case they ask for an email. dee@henryusa.com
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:22 am

ESquared wrote:Agreed on PT's suggestion. I'd be prepared with Serial Number and pics, too, in case they ask for an email. dee@henryusa.com
Good point on the serial # and pics....always helpful.

Dee is somewhat removed from the CS contact side of things. Tia is her replacement; does a good job. tia@henryusa.com Dee would probably defer inquiries to Tia....has happened to me a couple of times recently.

However, both of these ladies are at the Rice Lake, WI shop, which deals mostly with centerfire rifles. I wonder if they would send you to the Bayonne, NJ shop? I'd contact Jeff Post at that location instead: jeff@henryusa.com

PT7
0 x

~Пока~

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:42 am

Thanks, y'all :) . I'll pass all this along to my friend. This is his first Henry (used as I mentioned), and he really didn't know where to turn for advice, or if the Henry warranty would extend beyond the original owner.
0 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:12 am

I would be very interested, just out of curiosity if their warranty is transferable. It would not surprise me though given their stellar CS. Good luck to the owner. Try to let us know if you find out.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:20 am

markiver54 wrote:I would be very interested, just out of curiosity if their warranty is transferable. It would not surprise me though given their stellar CS. Good luck to the owner. Try to let us know if you find out.
I will. :P
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:58 am

In my contact with them they never asked if I was the original owner.
markiver54 wrote:I would be very interested, just out of curiosity if their warranty is transferable. It would not surprise me though given their stellar CS. Good luck to the owner. Try to let us know if you find out.
GunnyGene wrote:Thanks, y'all :) . I'll pass all this along to my friend. This is his first Henry (used as I mentioned), and he really didn't know where to turn for advice, or if the Henry warranty would extend beyond the original owner.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

robert6588
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by robert6588 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:36 pm

If I am understanding you correctly,....it is the actual receiver cover that is peeling. I don't know if they will or not. However, you can pick up a new receiver cover on henrypride.com for the H001 for $49.95, complete with saddle ring. https://henrypride.com/collections/rifl ... 1124661388
I posted the actual link to the item for you.
1 x

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:34 am

robert6588 wrote:If I am understanding you correctly,....it is the actual receiver cover that is peeling. I don't know if they will or not. However, you can pick up a new receiver cover on henrypride.com for the H001 for $49.95, complete with saddle ring. https://henrypride.com/collections/rifl ... 1124661388
I posted the actual link to the item for you.
No, it's not the cover. It's the receiver itself under the cover. The cover is fine.

Here's a pic of one side, similar peeling on the opposite side:

0 x