Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Aquila 22mag ammo defect

Philipweitzel
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Re: Aquila 22mag ammo defect

Post by Philipweitzel » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:40 am

I question why buy a product made in a country that does not respect the right to bear arms. If you take even one bullet into Mexico and they find out you are in prison until you can prove innocence. Mexico's law is you are presumed guilty.
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:46 am

Philipweitzel wrote:I question why buy a product made in a country that does not respect the right to bear arms. If you take even one bullet into Mexico and they find out you are in prison until you can prove innocence. Mexico's law is you are presumed guilty.
Looks like you have two memberships on this forum (pweitz and Philipweitzel). You posted a similar statement using your other membership, and it is still not true.

http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 168#p85030
1 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

Philipweitzel
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Philipweitzel » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:57 am

Hi CT_Shooter,
Sorry for the duplicate membership I am on a number of different forums and got the user names mixed up. I see that you are an administrator for this forum so please delete one of the two and advise.
Regarding Mexico and the laws relative to defensive weapons you are correct that their constitution permits the right to keep and bear arms, however that is almost laughable since they have but one store that is located north of Mexico City where the mexican people can purchase a firearm. In addition, it is nearly impossible to obtain a carry permit notwithstanding the restrictions on pistol and rifle calibers.
I have traveled extensively in Mexico for business and have many friends that are Mexican citizens, without exception they all feel they should have the unfettered right to bear arms to protect themselves but are unable to do so due to unconstitutional restrictions by their government.
If you enter Mexico with any defensive weapon, even a pocket knife, and are involved in any self defense altercation you will end up in jail and will be held until you can prove your innocence. Unlike here you are presumed guilty!
None of this is meant to be political it is simply how it is south of our border. It is ironic that you apparently have a problem with my comment about buying ammunition form a Mexican company since after all Henry being the fine American company it is has the motto"Made in America or Not At All".
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:16 pm

Philipweitzel wrote:Hi CT_Shooter...It is ironic that you apparently have a problem with my comment about buying ammunition form a Mexican company since after all Henry being the fine American company it is has the motto"Made in America or Not At All".
Hi, Philip. Welcome to the forum from CT.

I agree that HRA is an outstanding American manufacturer that makes great products and stands behind them with the best warranty in the business. They are the best in class, worldwide, and I'm glad their products -- all of their products -- are made in America. Several of our members from around the world own them and love them, too.

Like them, I also enjoy quality products from many other countries, especially food products. For example, I own SAA Revolvers from Italy; Gun Powder from Australia; Ammunition from France, Czechoslovakia, Sweden, and Mexico; Michelin Tires; Samsung TVs; Colombian and Jamaican coffees; Mexican Tequilas; French and Italian wines; Himalayan Pink salt; Peppercorns from India and China; San Marzano Tomatoes and Italian Olive Oils; and -- well, the list goes on and on. Like most of us, I buy American, except when I don't. ;)

I look forward to reading about your Henrys and your shooting experiences. Glad you joined us.
1 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

jcrowban
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by jcrowban » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:25 pm

Philipweitzel wrote:I question why buy a product made in a country that does not respect the right to bear arms. If you take even one bullet into Mexico and they find out you are in prison until you can prove innocence. Mexico's law is you are presumed guilty.
22 mag is still scarce at times. It was what was available. Ammo from Mexico to shoot today or wait for another day to shoot? I'm shootin today, tomorrow isn't guaranteed.
1 x

Redthies
Cowboy
Canada

Post by Redthies » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:51 am

I question why come here and spout incorrect jiberish. Twice. You aren’t the only one to “spend time” in Mexico. My family has been land owners there since the 60s, and I spent around 4 months of the year there for a long time. I lived primarily in a couple of small coastal towns, but dated a lady doctor from the DF. There are plenty of guns around and in the hands of citizens and criminals alike. Just like in Canada and the USA. I’ve only bought one box of Aguila ammo before and was underwhelmed. Not because of its nationality though. I would buy Hecho en Mexico every time over products made in China or similar countries. Mexico uses Napoleanic Law as the basis of their legal system. It’s just how it is, and how it has been. It’s not worth debating in our forum.
1 x
SGC .22 LR Stripped and oiled up
BBSC .357 w Skinner Express & Patridge
BBSC .44 Magnum with Skinners
Marlin 1895GS .45-70 w RPP Cloverleaf
Marlin 336BL .30-30 w Skinner LoPro 2 and Sig 2-7x
1912 Winchester 1894 .30 WCF

Philipweitzel
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Philipweitzel » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:19 pm

There is no debate and this discussion is not political it is simply a fact that unlike Mexican law we in the U.S.A. hold our presumption of innocence and our right to keep and bear arms as a birthright that we have fought for. This dates back to our fight for independence from England unlike Canada that is still a British commonwealth. As Americans we do not accept laws that are just how it is, and how it has been. No jiberish freedom is paramount to life and happiness.
0 x

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:35 pm

I'm starting to feel bad about my P-38.
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:47 pm

Did you crash it?
Henry88 wrote:I'm starting to feel bad about my P-38.
p-38.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Philipweitzel
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Philipweitzel » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:33 pm

That was a nice plane!
0 x