Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Aquila 22mag ammo defect

jcrowban
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Aquila 22mag ammo defect

Post by jcrowban » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:51 pm

Howdy folks, bought a new 22mag blued H001. Bought a 50 round box of Aquila ammo and 10 of the rounds got stuck in the inner tube. The rim on these casings were all different diameters. Also had 50 rounds of CCI and they all fit fine.
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: Aquila 22mag ammo defect

Post by PT7 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:17 pm

KCMO.jpg
Congrats on your Henry .22 Magnum, and Welcome from the Show-Me-State, Jcrowban!
Enjoy your time on the Forum.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

~Пока~

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:27 pm

jcrowban wrote:Howdy folks, bought a new 22mag blued H001.
Welcome to the forum from CT. Thanks for the heads up. Glad you joined us.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:27 pm

I quit buying other brands of .22 ammo. I only buy CCI now.

Welcome from the TV Oregon! Hope you like it here and participate often.
TV Geo Map sm.jpg
jcrowban wrote:Howdy folks, bought a new 22mag blued H001. Bought a 50 round box of Aquila ammo and 10 of the rounds got stuck in the inner tube. The rim on these casings were all different diameters. Also had 50 rounds of CCI and they all fit fine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

The Wiz
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by The Wiz » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:16 pm

welcome!
0 x
Vietnam, Cambodia, DMZ
101st Airborne, Recon. ( Where in the heck are we?)
25th Inf. Div.2/22 Inf. Reg.(mech.)
Sgt., U.S. Army, Sniper

S&W Model 67
Uberti 1851 Navy Conv.
Uberti 1873 Bisley
Henry .357 Carbine CCH
Henry SGR .22
Taurus 856

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:24 pm

Never buy the stuff, it's not that cheap.
0 x

pweitz
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by pweitz » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:42 am

Why support and buy ammunition manufactured in a country that does not support gun ownership rights. Realize that if you were caught with even one .22 cartridge in Mexico you go to prison.
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:04 pm

pweitz wrote:Why support and buy ammunition manufactured in a country that does not support gun ownership rights. Realize that if you were caught with even one .22 cartridge in Mexico you go to prison.
Welcome to the forum from CT. Discussions like this can easily become political, which is not permitted on this forum, so please be aware of the rules. While the firearms laws in Mexico are strict, citizens are allowed to own and shoot several different guns and ammunition, including .22 caliber. Generally, Aquila makes very good ammunition.
Mexican Federal Law of Firearms and Explosives wrote:
In regard to what type of firearms are permitted, Title II, Chapter I, Article 9 of the Federal Law of Firearms and Explosives states:

(translated) It may be kept or carried, under the terms and limitations established by this law, weapons of the following characteristics:[26]

Semi-automatic handguns of caliber no greater than .380 (9mm Browning, 9mm Corto, 9mm Kurz, 9mm Short, and 9×17mm). Left excepted are calibers .38 Super and .38 commander, and also calibers 9mm. [Such as] Mauser, Luger, etc., as well as similar models of the same caliber of the excepted, from other brands.

Revolvers of calibers no greater than .38 Special, left excepted is caliber .357 magnum.

Land tenure owners, common land owners and farmworkers outside urban zones, may keep and carry, upon registration, one weapon of those already mentioned, or a .22 caliber rifle, or a shotgun of any caliber, except those of a barrel length shorter than 25 inches (635mm) and of caliber greater than 12 gauge (.729" or 18.5 MM).

Additionally, Article 10 of the Federal Law of Firearms and Explosives states:

(translated) The firearms that can be authorized to participants of shooting or hunting, to keep in their home or to carry with a license, are the following:[27]
Semi-automatic handguns, revolvers and rifles of caliber .22, rimfire ammo

Handguns of .38 caliber for Olympic shooting or other competition

Shotguns in all their calibers and models, except those with a barrel length shorter than 25 inches, and calibers greater than 12 gauge.

Triple-barrel shotguns in the calibers authorized in the preceding section, with a barrel for metallic cartridges of different caliber.

High-powered rifles, of repeating or semi-automatic function, non-convertible to full-auto, with the exception of .30 caliber carbines, rifles, muskets and carbines caliber .223, 7 and 7.62mm, and Garand rifles caliber .30.

High-powered rifles of greater caliber than those mentioned in the previous section, with special permission for their use abroad, for hunting of game bigger than those present in national wildlife.

Under these two articles, private citizens are generally restricted to semi-automatic handguns or revolvers of a caliber no greater than .380 (for home defense),[28] rifles no greater than .22, and shotguns no greater than 12 gauge (hunting and shooting when a member of a club). Anything bigger than those calibers is considered for exclusive use of the military and strictly forbidden for civilian possession, as defined by Article 11 of the Federal Law of Firearms and Explosives.[29] Only citizens with collector permits may be authorized to possess firearms outside those permitted for civilian ownership.[30]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Mexico
1 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:14 pm

KCMO.jpg
Welcome from the Show-Me-State!
0 x

~Пока~

jcrowban
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by jcrowban » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:14 pm

Well, I took each of the ten rounds and chucked them into my cordless drill. while slowly spinning the round, I held fine sandpaper on the rim until it fit the inner tube perfect. Took ten minutes. Bingo, they all killed beer cans and bricks. The other 40 fit fine.
0 x