Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

What are you Shooting you're Lever Action 22's on ?

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: What are you Shooting you're Lever Action 22's on ?

Post by BigAl52 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:44 am

Are they fairly active in your area Mags or is it a see one every now and then in your area?
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:04 pm

They are.
BigAl52 wrote:Are they fairly active in your area Mags or is it a see one every now and then in your area?
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:11 am

These days, fer rel cats mostly.

Summer time I go over to my pond and shoot the sliders from time to time.
Rest of the time it's paper.

RP
0 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:01 pm

Destructive grey squirrels. Too many around here and destroy the wife's bird feeders. Usually I dispatch with my Sheridan Blue Streak though. Can't use the .22 where I am. :o :(
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:48 pm

A big river rat. Very destructive to creek banks, irrigation ditches, vegetation farm crops, etc. Somebody, many decades ago, thought it was a good idea to import them for eating and their fur.
Yes they are. They haven't yet made it 'over the hill' to Eastern Oregon - and probably never will - along with it being the wrong environment for them.
A couple years ago I was watching an interesting show on one of the educational channels and it was about the history of the fur biz in America - and the Nutria was highlighted at one point with some interesting historical videos about it in Oregon.
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:33 pm

Ditto that. We have destructive eastern grey squirrels that someone decades ago brought to the west coast. I quit using my .22 on them. I missed too often. My .410 is now my squirrel gun. I've never missed with it.
markiver54 wrote:Destructive grey squirrels. Too many around here and destroy the wife's bird feeders. Usually I dispatch with my Sheridan Blue Streak though. Can't use the .22 where I am. :o :(
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:58 pm

For the time being their west coast range is West of the Cascade mountains of Oregon, Washington and southern tip of BC. There are pockets of them in Eastern Washington, the pan handle of Idaho, along the Snake River Boise/TwinFalls stretch and Lake Tahoe area. So I think there could be a possibility of them showing up in Eastern Oregon someday.
Mistered wrote:
A big river rat. Very destructive to creek banks, irrigation ditches, vegetation farm crops, etc. Somebody, many decades ago, thought it was a good idea to import them for eating and their fur.
Yes they are. They haven't yet made it 'over the hill' to Eastern Oregon - and probably never will - along with it being the wrong environment for them.
A couple years ago I was watching an interesting show on one of the educational channels and it was about the history of the fur biz in America - and the Nutria was highlighted at one point with some interesting historical videos about it in Oregon.
0 x

jcrowban
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by jcrowban » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:02 am

This is our shooting range my wife,a friend and I built using cedars off the property. it reaches 120 yards.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
5 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:31 am

That is really nice. I love the rustic cedar curb appeal. Well done!
jcrowban wrote:This is our shooting range my wife,a friend and I built using cedars off the property. it reaches 120 yards.
0 x