Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

NEW H001T octagon barrel 22LR

henry22
Cowhand
Canada

NEW H001T octagon barrel 22LR

Post by henry22 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:11 am

Hello guys. I'm just curious about how to lighten the trigger pull on both of my Henry rifles. One is an H001M, and the newest one an H001T.

Is it a matter of snipping 1 of the rings on the trigger spring, or must the locking bar spring(s) be snipped as well?

I'd never attempt this without consulting Henry first and or my gunsmith. Maybe I can buy a few of the same springs for each rifle, from a specialty fastener place here in town. I could test them, and keep the originals.

The H001T has only 1 spring under the locking bar, the H001M has 2, a smaller spring nested inside a larger spring.

Any info you can help me out with?

Thanks guys.
0 x

Blackdog
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: NEW H001T octagon barrel 22LR

Post by Blackdog » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:26 am

A lot of guys use Henry's in Lever Action Silhouette. Most just smooth-up the action. No springs, or metal alterations. They simply polish the working parts and leave it at that.
I have one that the former owner polished. When I compare it to my Marlin 39A it is much smoother and a better trigger for competition (and I spent a lot of money on the Marlin before I got smart and bought a Henry.)
YMMV
M
0 x

henry22
Cowhand
Canada

Re: NEW H001T octagon barrel 22LR

Post by henry22 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:37 pm

Hmm, I'd probably get a gunsmith to polish the parts then. I have a dremel tool, I know about JB polishing compound, but I'd have no idea where to polish the parts - what areas.

There's absolutely nothing "wrong" with either of my triggers, but I'm using both of them as if they're bench guns at 50 yards, hitting smaller and smaller objects. I just want less weight in the pull, and I don't need them to be a pound or less. 2 to 2 1/4 pounds would be more than ideal.
0 x