Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Link to interesting website

BillyBoy
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Link to interesting website

Post by BillyBoy » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:18 pm

Hi all;

My second post in four days, but I promise not to be a pest!

Wanted to share this link to an interesting page on the KeyShot Forum. Understand that KeyShot is NOT a "shooting" website! It's a forum for many thousands of professional GCI (Computer Generated Imaging) artists like myself. KeyShot is the industry leader in high-end rendering of CAD and other solids modeling, and is used in automobile advertising, product illustration and especially movie special effects.

This thread is entirely my own fault, and I certainly did not expect the rapid fire (pun intended) responses from my peers. We usually just comment on materials, lighting, environments and the like, but wow, this was a surprise, as it's all about Henry Repeating Arms!

Backstory: I've been a self-employed product designer (45 years now!), specializing n medical devices. But in my down time (seldom) I do my own thing, like trains, antique automobiles, etc. I had just picked up my new GB 22, and while waiting for a client review meeting decided to model up my H004Y in SolidWorks CAD, and render it out. Then I shared it on the KeyShot Forum.

The first response is a real tear jerker, and yet another example of why Henry Repeating Arms is one of America's most beloved companies!

If you ever wondered what a GB would look like as a color case hardened "Blue Boy", here's your chance!

Enjoy!

https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=21865.0

Bill
PS: This is NOT intended to be a plug, but you can see my other stuff on http://www.GouldStudios.com
4 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Re: Link to interesting website

Post by CT_Shooter » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:35 pm

BillyBoy wrote: Wanted to share this link to an interesting page on the KeyShot Forum.
Wonderful post, Bill. Thanks for sharing mattjgerard's story with us. And for sharing your skill with that CAD program. Beautiful work!!
mattjgerard wrote: https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php ... 9#msg93059

...I inherited my fathers Henry Golden Boy .22LR after he passed away.

Dad never got to shoot it, but he got to hold it, and rack the action all he wanted. I have nothing but good things to say about the company, and the president Anthony Imperato. He answered my email to customer support personally when I wrote in to see if I could get a customized side plate engraved sooner than the 3-6 weeks that was normal. It was in my hands 5 days later, along with 2 hats, 2 mugs, and 2 of a couple other swag items at no charge.

I take it out with my boys, and we talk about dad, I teach them the same that my dad taught me.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:15 pm

I couldn't agree more with CT .... thanks for the link .... great reading
0 x

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:28 pm

Interesting, thanks for posting. Don't worry about being a pest.....post away!
0 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:44 pm

We all pest each other anyway. What's one more added in. Join the fun and keep it coming, love the interaction and interplay between members.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:08 pm

Bill,

Very interesting to read about your product design work. Years ago I used some CAD software on one job I had...always thought it was interesting, but never got into anything further with it. And the CCH GB ("Blue Boy") is really something else. If you submit that to Anthony Imperato, I'd bet it would get him thinking as other Henry lovers from all over the country are looking for many of the Henrys to be finished using CCH.

But what I enjoyed most of all was the KeyShot post by mattjgerard, where he shared about his dad. Thanks very much for bringing that to us....it was a very beautiful and moving story. And yes, it does speak volumes about HRA also.
PT7
BillyBoy wrote:Hi all;

My second post in four days, but I promise not to be a pest!

Wanted to share this link to an interesting page on the KeyShot Forum. Understand that KeyShot is NOT a "shooting" website! It's a forum for many thousands of professional GCI (Computer Generated Imaging) artists like myself. KeyShot is the industry leader in high-end rendering of CAD and other solids modeling, and is used in automobile advertising, product illustration and especially movie special effects.

This thread is entirely my own fault, and I certainly did not expect the rapid fire (pun intended) responses from my peers. We usually just comment on materials, lighting, environments and the like, but wow, this was a surprise, as it's all about Henry Repeating Arms!

Backstory: I've been a self-employed product designer (45 years now!), specializing n medical devices. But in my down time (seldom) I do my own thing, like trains, antique automobiles, etc. I had just picked up my new GB 22, and while waiting for a client review meeting decided to model up my H004Y in SolidWorks CAD, and render it out. Then I shared it on the KeyShot Forum.

The first response is a real tear jerker, and yet another example of why Henry Repeating Arms is one of America's most beloved companies!

If you ever wondered what a GB would look like as a color case hardened "Blue Boy", here's your chance!

Enjoy!

https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=21865.0

Bill
0 x

~Пока~

BillyBoy
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by BillyBoy » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:02 pm

Just wondered what a Marbles Tang Peep would look like, so I added it into my SolidWorks CAD model of my H004Y. Also swapped in a large loop lever (which I did on my own Henry), and added some engraving. Also "upgraded" to Premium Walnut!

I posted this image as an update on the KeyShot Forum page, but dropped it in here so you could take a peek! And yes, it's at 4:3 aspect ratio!

Understand that this is NOT a real photo, but a rendering, and it exists only on my computer!

Bill
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x