Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Strange Issues

Preacher
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Strange Issues

Post by Preacher » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:17 pm

I have noticed something that I can't explain and am hoping that someone on here can help. Whenever I make my .357 Henry safe, I empty the loading tube and work the action so that the loaded round can pop out. Whenever I do this with my .22 rimfire I have to work the lever twice to eject 1 round each time I have to work the action. Is this normal (this is my first rimfire).
0 x
A man, without force, is without the essential dignity of humanity. Human nature is so constituted, that it cannot honor a helpless man, although it can pity him; and even this it cannot do long, if the signs of power do not arise.

TMB
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Strange Issues

Post by TMB » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:58 am

Mine does that also. I've also noticed that if I load a round through the ejection port I have to cycle the lever twice to fire that round. Didn't think anything of this because I saw a video in which the presenter had to do both.
0 x
Henry H004ES Golden Boy Eagle Scout Tribute
Henry H004 Golden Boy .22 cal
Henry H006C Big Boy Classic .45 Colt

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong.” ... John Gierach

deano5150
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Strange Issues

Post by deano5150 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:57 am

;) I have the same issue with my Golden Boy 22lr. I’ve only experienced it once because my usual method for emptying the rifle is firing all the rounds. ;)
0 x