Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

SGC misfeed winchester ammo

Oksrt
Cowhand
United States of America

SGC misfeed winchester ammo

Post by Oksrt » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:31 pm

Anyone else have this problem? The bullet tips up and hangs up. Tried some federal gold medal match, fed flawlessly. Bullet too long? CCI seems ok.
Thanks
0 x
I love all God's creatures, some are better with gravy.

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: SGC misfeed winchester ammo

Post by PT7 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:26 pm

Oksrt,

Other folk may be able to point you on how to inspect your rifle for any feeding issues which might be causing mis-feeds. I'm not a skilled gunsmith-type person, so I can only give you my ammo experience and a suggestion.

To start off, I'd say my SGC in .22LR must be a rare one. I don't have an exact number of times I experienced any type of FTF. Could almost count on one hand, maybe two. And to be honest, I think I've caused most of those few instances due my handling of the lever. To-date, I've shot 2228 rounds through my Carbine, and I've used 19 different brands/configs of .22LR ammo. Five of those are Winchester. Nary an FTF or FTE problem.

Whenever I leave the range, I continue to be amazed how smooth the lever action performs both chambering bullets and ejecting brass. Never think about it until the smoke clears, and put up the rifle. It's that good.

Best advice I can share is to just stay clear of Winchester ammo, as long as other manufacturers' ammo performs well. If you experience similar problems with other ammo, I'd say then a call to Henry would be a good thing to do.
PT7

Oksrt wrote:Anyone else have this problem? The bullet tips up and hangs up. Tried some federal gold medal match, fed flawlessly. Bullet too long? CCI seems ok.
Thanks
0 x

~Пока~

Oksrt
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Oksrt » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:41 pm

Ever see a 22 case separate? Ammo did it in two different rifles, 10/22 & 39a. White box 333 winchester. never seen it before.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:40 am

Mine doesn’t like Golden Bullets.
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:15 am

Are they hollow points? The Winchester hollow points have a strange configuration, which has caused a lot of them to catch on the feed ramps of several of my guns.
1 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

Oksrt
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Oksrt » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:43 am

Yes, they were HP.
0 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:34 am

Oksrt wrote:Yes, they were HP.
I'd say that's your answer. I've just used CCI, but it's all been flawless. I think clovishound nailed it.
1 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

SGC
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by SGC » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:51 pm

I have fed my SGC all kinds of .22 including some old generic brown box I have had for years, never any issues. The.22 mag feeds great, but it gets name brand ammo as I don’t have any generic mag ammo.
0 x
H001TLP-H012MR-H001TMLP-H001ML