Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Henry H001TLP Disapointment

jstanfield103
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Henry H001TLP Disapointment

Post by jstanfield103 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:08 pm

Stoeger Supreme coach gun. $400 new. Comes with removable chokes. I cut the rear stock down to 12" length of pull including the pad I installed. Took the glossy finish off and replaced the firing pins with Stainless Steel more solid firing pins. Fun to shoot. I use to have a CZ coach gun with the hammers, really did not like the hammers so I got rid of it and bought this gun. I also replaced the main spring to a lesser poundage. Don't remember the poundage but made a difference on opening the shotgun.
0 x
Aim Small, Miss Small

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:26 am

jstanfield103 wrote:Stoeger Supreme coach gun. $400 new. Comes with removable chokes. I cut the rear stock down to 12" length of pull including the pad I installed. Took the glossy finish off and replaced the firing pins with Stainless Steel more solid firing pins. Fun to shoot. I use to have a CZ coach gun with the hammers, really did not like the hammers so I got rid of it and bought this gun. I also replaced the main spring to a lesser poundage. Don't remember the poundage but made a difference on opening the shotgun.
info appreciated .... bet that sucker kicks like a mule with 00-buck .... what did you not like about the external hammers .. :?: .. a coach gun with external hammers is one of the very few firearms I've ever really wanted that I have never owned ....
0 x

jstanfield103
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by jstanfield103 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:20 am

The CZ was very well made at double the cost $800 new. The only reason I went with the external hammers was due to YouTube videos talking about the opening of the shotgun. That the non hammer ones opened a little harder due to it having to cock the hammers when opened. The CZ still was not broken in yet and may have opened better after some use but I really did not like cocking the hammers after a reload. Just took extra time and some of the fun out of the gun. The hammerless ones just open clear put new rounds in close and fire. With a lighter locking spring it opens really pretty easy.
0 x
Aim Small, Miss Small

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:09 am

last Christmas one of my sons gave me a Ugartechia 12 ga side-by-side double barrel shotgun ===> http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... hia#p52664 .... its highly unlikely that I'll never sell it, its equally likely that I will seldom use it .... I've spent a good bit of time considering having the barrels cut down, fitted for choke tubes, the stock cut down so as to accommodate a high quality recoil pad, inserting a Mercury Recoil Suppressor in the stock, and honing the forcing cones .... in short, modifying it to make it more like a coach gun .... doing so wouldn't be cheap but it should be less than the cost of a new CZ
0 x

jstanfield103
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by jstanfield103 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:46 pm

That would be a very nice coach gun when done. Something you would enjoy I imagine.
0 x
Aim Small, Miss Small