Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Henry H001TLP Disapointment

jstanfield103
Cowhand
United States of America

Henry H001TLP Disapointment

Post by jstanfield103 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:11 pm

I was looking at the Henry catalog after buying my Goldenboy youth model. I decided that I wanted one of the small game rifles, because I like the octagon barrel and they already had the Skinner sight on the rifle. I figured that they would have the correct size front sight on the rifle from the factory. I shoot most of my rifles at 25 yards, I have never had a Skinner sight on any rifle that I could shoot to point of aim with at 25 yards. Thought that from the factory I would be able to do this with this rifle.

Nope shooting at least 2" high at 25 yards, now I hope to call Henry on Monday and see if they have a taller front sight. If not the only choice I have is to order a new front sight from Skinner. I really do not like the looks of the Skinner front sights. I like the factory front sights look. It is what it is though. I will see what Henry tells me on Monday. Beautiful rifle though. Shoots well and the rifling goes all the way to the crown unlike my Goldenboy. Really like the rifle just need to get the sight where I need it to be at 25 yards.
0 x
Aim Small, Miss Small

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Re: Henry H001TLP Disapointment

Post by Mistered » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:42 pm

the only choice I have is to order a new front sight from Skinner.
You have many other choices than Skinner - Check the Marble's site or hit Ebay - lots of sight options.
http://www.marblearms.com/front-sights.html
I buy a lot of front sights and none are from Skinner
0 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:44 pm

Had the exact same experience just recently with my new SGC. Contact Henry C/S, Patrick Hall (patrick@henryusa.com) and tell him your story. He'll send you a taller sight.

Romance it a bit, tell him it's your second Henry and that you couldn't wait to shoot it and that it was such a bummer that it shot high no matter what you did, you get the idea.

Patrick is a great guy, he'll take care of it.
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

Oksrt
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Oksrt » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:23 pm

My SGC shoots great with original sight. Just like they said, call Henry.
0 x
I love all God's creatures, some are better with gravy.

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:32 pm

Exactly ditto to what Oksrt said.
0 x

~Пока~

jstanfield103
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by jstanfield103 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:41 am

Thanks guys,
I am going to call Henry on Monday but I went ahead and wrote an email to the address that was provided by ESquared (thanks) hopefully I will get something back from him on Monday. I leave for work at 04:30 and don't get home till 17:30 so it gets hard during the week to talk with anyone.
0 x
Aim Small, Miss Small

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:21 am

jstanfield103 wrote:Thanks guys,
I am going to call Henry on Monday but I went ahead and wrote an email to the address that was provided by ESquared (thanks) hopefully I will get something back from him on Monday. I leave for work at 04:30 and don't get home till 17:30 so it gets hard during the week to talk with anyone.
Patrick is the best at email. He'll need your mailing address, so get ready for that, if you didn't already give it to him.
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

Petey
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Petey » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:20 pm

ESquared wrote:
jstanfield103 wrote:Thanks guys,
Patrick is the best at email. He'll need your mailing address, so get ready for that, if you didn't already give it to him.
+1 Patrick will take good care of you. My SGC shot" high at 25 yds ...Patrick sent me two front sights .
I just went for the tallest one first and that was it . Right on the money.

Good luck & HAppy Shootin!
Petey
0 x

jstanfield103
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by jstanfield103 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:12 pm

Petey,
Thanks for the info on what Patrick did for you. That gives me a little more confidence. I cut the butt stock down to 12" length of pull today. I am only 5'5" tall so that feels a lot better to me and I can actuate the lever with out loosing my sight picture now. I hope Patrick does send me a taller front sight. I did already send him the serial number of the rifle and my address.

Thanks guy's
1 x
Aim Small, Miss Small

jstanfield103
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by jstanfield103 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:02 pm

Patrick did get in touch with me today. He asked if my front sight was a .45 (marked on bottom of sight) I just asked him to send me a .60 that way I would have some play either way because my sight was bottomed out right now. He is sending it right out. Good people.
4 x
Aim Small, Miss Small