Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

CCI Mini Mag 22LR, 40 gr, Copper Plated Round Nose?

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Re: CCI Mini Mag 22LR, 40 gr, Copper Plated Round Nose?

Post by ESquared » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:02 am

BigAl52 wrote:Esquared if you google up ammoseek.com you can find all kinds of 22 ammo. I really like CCI mini mags but I also use some federal high velocity. Ammo Seek gives you a directory of online sellers of 22 ammo and there current price or sale price. Just be sure you compare freight costs. Some places list cheap prices and over charge for freight to make up the cheap advertised price.
Big fan of Ammoseek here. Rarely buy anything without running through their lists. You're absolutely right about S&H charges, though. Some vendors use it as a separate profit center and trade dollars between that and the actual ammo cost. No different than the guys on GunBroker and their shipping costs, CC fees, etc.

No such thing as a free lunch, but every so often you can find a good deal. Ammoseek is a great tool.
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:19 am

My go to .22lr for accuracy, without paying for the expensive match grade is the CCI standard velocity. I get noticeably smaller groups with my H001 using the SV vs any other pedestrian .22s, including mini mags. Yes, they are plain cast, but I have never had a leading issue in any of my guns using it. I may get a small amount of lead on the first patch through my Mark I target, but nothing a couple swipes with some solvent and a brass brush doesn't quickly take care of.
0 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

Leonardo
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Leonardo » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:31 pm

Cheap ammo creates cheap results.
0 x

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:18 am

Leonardo wrote:Cheap ammo creates cheap results.
And so if the purpose is to have fun, the result would be cheap fun :D
1 x