Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

H001 Brasslite Action Cover

ChefDuane
Cowhand
United States of America

H001 Brasslite Action Cover

Post by ChefDuane » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:02 am

I read in another forum that a Brasslite cover for the H001 was available at some point. Are those still around anywhere or have they all disappeared? I might be interested if anybody has one.
0 x
Henry Classic H001
Henry AR-7 Survival

USCG '77-'83
NRA/TxLTC

There is no greater protection against evil on the rampage than a loaded firearm in the hands of a free man.

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: H001 Brasslite Action Cover

Post by Sir Henry » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:44 pm

I haven't seen them offered in years. I bought two when they were available and love them.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

ChefDuane
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by ChefDuane » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:53 am

I wonder why Henry hasn't produced more of those. I would think they'd be very popular. Although it might eat into sales of the rifle series' that are already equipped with the Brasslite action cover. Still, I wouldn't think that much. Sir Henry, you wanna' sell one of those covers if they're not is use? :)
0 x
Henry Classic H001
Henry AR-7 Survival

USCG '77-'83
NRA/TxLTC

There is no greater protection against evil on the rampage than a loaded firearm in the hands of a free man.

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:20 pm

ChefDuane wrote:I wonder why Henry hasn't produced more of those. I would think they'd be very popular. Although it might eat into sales of the rifle series' that are already equipped with the Brasslite action cover. Still, I wouldn't think that much. Sir Henry, you wanna' sell one of those covers if they're not is use? :)
I hadn't really thought about it. I bet you could get a silver one from Henry.
0 x

ChefDuane
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by ChefDuane » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:45 am

Nope, I've checked. The only silver/brasslite covers available standalone are the custom engraved covers. $150 a pop.
0 x
Henry Classic H001
Henry AR-7 Survival

USCG '77-'83
NRA/TxLTC

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:02 pm

They have the silver ones but are being saved for replacements for the Evil Roy.
0 x

ChefDuane
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by ChefDuane » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:18 pm

I just had email correspondence with Dina Lonky of Henry CS. Emailed them yesterday and she responded this morning. She said that they do have the silver cover for the H001 for $50 but not a silver barrel band. I *might* be interested but I wish they had the corresponding barrel band available. Very impressed with the quick response, tho!
0 x
Henry Classic H001
Henry AR-7 Survival

USCG '77-'83
NRA/TxLTC

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:39 pm

Good for Henry CS, and good for you, Chef!

I have a suggestion based on what I would do. Since you want the silver receiver cover, I'd get it while it's available. Just let the barrel band alone for now. It's black, right? You might be pleased when you add the silver "accent" at the receiver; your H001 would be your "one-of-a-kind" that you have created.

I have a stock .22LR Small Game Carbine. It came with a blued receiver-mounted Skinner peep sight. I wanted to add a little zing to the rifle looks. So I contacted Skinner and special ordered the same rear sight, only requested it be made in bronze (that's not offered by Skinner for the sight model). Skinner did the job for me, and just that extra color and different material on the SGC really spruced it up for me!!

Back in October 2016, DD set up an October Photo Contest for Forum members. Here are a couple of pictures of the bronze peep I added to my SGC. I'm the sixth post on page 9 of this thread: http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... nze#p21095

Just my two cents. The small bronze splash of color dressed up my SGC just fine! :D

ChefDuane wrote:I just had email correspondence with Dina Lonky of Henry CS. Emailed them yesterday and she responded this morning. She said that they do have the silver cover for the H001 for $50 but not a silver barrel band. I *might* be interested but I wish they had the corresponding barrel band available. Very impressed with the quick response, tho!
0 x

~Пока~

ChefDuane
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by ChefDuane » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:12 pm

Well, I >really< would like the brasslite rxr with a brass barrel band for the H001 but from what I understand they are very hard to find.
Not sure what I'll do.
0 x
Henry Classic H001
Henry AR-7 Survival

USCG '77-'83
NRA/TxLTC

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:13 pm

ChefDuane wrote:Well, I >really< would like the brasslite rxr with a brass barrel band for the H001 but from what I understand they are very hard to find.
Not sure what I'll do.
Buy the silver one and have it sent to me. Then I will send you a brasslite one with the barrel band. It does not have a brasslite barrel screw but the receiver screws are brasslite. Keep in mind the one I send you is used. I photographed it so all the imperfections show. I could have also photographed it to look new.
DSCN8970.JPG
PM me with your address and I will reply with mine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x