Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Henry H001M forend and barrel band replacement

henry22
Cowhand
Canada

Henry H001M forend and barrel band replacement

Post by henry22 » Tue May 29, 2018 8:48 pm

Thank god for Henry's exceptional customer service. I called them about my barrel band screw spinning in the barrel band, and the forend being compressed.

They simply asked for my address, and are in the process of shipping me a new one. I was told by the Henry rep I spoke to that it's a known issue. I wonder if there's anything my gunsmith can do to eliminate that happening again.

I was thinking, maybe he could bed the cylindrical channel in the forend, and bed it with epoxy - like bedding a rifle action? Maybe this would create a better fit, with less shift - I have no idea.

Either way, I'm grateful.
2 x

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Henry H001M forend and barrel band replacement

Post by Henry88 » Wed May 30, 2018 2:08 am

So they are sending the band? How about the forend? Isn't that the root cause?
0 x

henry22
Cowhand
Canada

Post by henry22 » Wed May 30, 2018 8:37 am

Yes Henry88, they're sending the forend, barrel band, and set screw. In my e-mail to Patrick at Henry, I suggested a few alterations, design changes to the forend and how it's coupled to the barrel. He said I should submit them to the Henry suggestion box.

Obviously redesigning anything costs them more, and therefore we pay more. But I'd gladly pay more for a rifle that's built like a tank.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Wed May 30, 2018 9:20 am

I had that problem on one of mine and simply reamed the forestock out so the screw went in straight. The band was okay but I did get a new screw. I think my count of H001's is at 16 and I keep a few extra screws and pins in my tool box.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater