Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

New H001 options & a few questions

ChefDuane
Cowhand
United States of America

New H001 options & a few questions

Post by ChefDuane » Thu May 24, 2018 10:08 pm

I will be taking delivery of my new H001 shortly (yay!) and am in the process acquiring a few options but have a few questions:

1. I would like to put a leather lever wrap on it and I THINK the length of the wrap needed is 2.5". Pioneer Gun Works has one that is that size and is available in black (which I like). Is that the correct size for the H001 lever?

2. Gotta' have a Saddle Ring also. Beartooth Mercantile has one with an 8-36 threaded stud. From my research, I believe that is the correct thread spec on the receiver screws. Can anyone verify that?

3. I would also like to put a sling on it and preference would be a Brass Stacker no drill but they are a bit pricey. I am not averse to drilling the stock but would like to avoid it if possible. For those of you who HAVE drilled the stock, what sling kit did you use? What drilling the stock that perilous? Any other 'no drill' options I should consider?

4. A Spee-D-Loader will also be on order shorty. As a kid I had a Rem Nylon 66 which I loved but hand loading the tubular mag was a bit of a pain.

5. Any suggestions on a bore snake? I understand the correct way to clean a lever action is breech to muzzle only and I only have threaded rods which will obviously not feed correctly through the extractor port.

6. No scope so won't need a hammer extension.

Thanks for any feedback!
0 x
Henry Classic H001
Henry AR-7 Survival

USCG '77-'83
NRA/TxLTC

There is no greater protection against evil on the rampage than a loaded firearm in the hands of a free man.

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: New H001 options & a few questions

Post by PT7 » Thu May 24, 2018 10:16 pm

Whenever I take my .22LR Small Game Carbine to the range, the Spee-D-Loader goes along without fail!
One of the best accessories I've bought for my Henry rifle. And especially nice to have during cold weather.
PT7
1 x

~Пока~

Travlin
Cowboy

Post by Travlin » Thu May 24, 2018 11:28 pm

You will love the Speed D Loader. I have one that I got from H.R.A. and use it for my pump .22 LR.
0 x

Petey
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Petey » Fri May 25, 2018 11:32 am

Sling :
https://henrypride.com/collections/rifl ... 8464035206
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/64346 ... ened-steel

Video how to use bits = https://youtu.be/ApivzXV0Z2I Do it they way Larry shows you and you will be very pleased with the results.
Note: I drill just deep enough to bury the washer when the stud is tightened. Go slow , you can always take a bit more off .

Hope this helps .
Happy Shootin!
Petey
0 x

ChefDuane
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by ChefDuane » Fri May 25, 2018 1:05 pm

Thanks for the responses. Yes, a Spee-d-loader is a must.

Petey: I have seen a few utoob vids about drilling the stock and I did notice that some folks don't countersink the hole to accommodate the washer. They just drill a hole and the washer/stud assembly sits on the stock. I think countersinking the hole for the washer makes for a much more clean install.
1 x
Henry Classic H001
Henry AR-7 Survival

USCG '77-'83
NRA/TxLTC

There is no greater protection against evil on the rampage than a loaded firearm in the hands of a free man.