Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Put a Skinner on my GB

Brad Cayton
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Put a Skinner on my GB

Post by Brad Cayton » Wed May 16, 2018 4:55 pm

I got my Skinner Express in the mail today so took the receiver cover off, drilled and tapped it and mounted the sight. I was able to keep the original front sight too! It's been raining here all week but I was able to get her sighted in before the next downpour. I was able to put 10 Minimags in 3/4 of an inch at 25 yards. I have Skinners on 2 of my Marlins and now the Henry. Nothing at all wrong with a scope on a lever, I have scopes on 2 of mine, but I just like open sights. I'm pushing 60 and peep sights allow me to go without a scope but still shoot fairly well. I have 2 Marlins with Marble tang sights and they're fine but I've found I prefer receiver mounted peeps and Skinners are top notch!
4 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: Put a Skinner on my GB

Post by PT7 » Wed May 16, 2018 5:26 pm

Sounds like a good project with good results...Congrats. :)
Agreed. I think Skinners are solid, quality-made peeps also. In fact, I have a Skinner Express from a Big Boy I had to let go last year, and it's awaiting that hopefully some-day-soon-next-Henry!

We always look forward to pics and any Range Reports, too.
Enjoy.
Brad Cayton wrote:I got my Skinner Express....mounted the sight....was able to keep the original front sight too! I've found I prefer receiver mounted peeps and Skinners are top notch!
1 x

~Пока~

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Thu May 17, 2018 8:53 am

I put a skinner on my 357 big boy and love it.
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Petey
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Petey » Fri May 18, 2018 12:11 pm

BrokenolMarine wrote:I put a skinner on my 357 big boy and love it.
+1 great product!
1 x

Preacher
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Preacher » Sat May 19, 2018 1:52 pm

Installing Skinners is the only upgrade I plan on my current Henry and my incoming one. I don't mind a scope, but I like the lines of the Henry without one. I'm looking at the rear sight that mounts into the rear dovetail (I heard that these don't require changing the front sight). As much as I love the Henry, I can't really get used to the semi-buckhorn sight (luckily it's an easy fix).
1 x
A man, without force, is without the essential dignity of humanity. Human nature is so constituted, that it cannot honor a helpless man, although it can pity him; and even this it cannot do long, if the signs of power do not arise.

Brad Cayton
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Brad Cayton » Sun May 20, 2018 5:20 pm

As much as I love the Henry, I can't really get used to the semi-buckhorn sight (luckily it's an easy fix).[/quote]

I have the same thoughts on the semi-buckhorns
0 x

Petey
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Petey » Sun May 20, 2018 10:21 pm

Preacher wrote:Installing Skinners is the only upgrade I plan on my current Henry and my incoming one. I don't mind a scope, but I like the lines of the Henry without one. I'm looking at the rear sight that mounts into the rear dovetail (I heard that these don't require changing the front sight). As much as I love the Henry, I can't really get used to the semi-buckhorn sight (luckily it's an easy fix).
I have to ditch the Buckhorns on all my Henry's....can't see a thing with them . I have peeps on three and a Red dot on the other.

Happy Shootin!
Petey
0 x