Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

It's about time...

GaHenryFan
Cowhand
United States of America

It's about time...

Post by GaHenryFan » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:08 pm

I picked up 2 bricks of Blazer at Academy today for right at $50. I would have bought more, but that's all they had. My little H001y seems to like it. At 5¢ a round, I sure like it.
0 x

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: It's about time...

Post by Henry88 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:36 pm

Wow, we've been drowning in cheap ammo for months.

Even WMR is cheap and plentiful. Am I the only one that wishes they didn't buy so much during the shortage?
1 x

GaHenryFan
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by GaHenryFan » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:54 pm

This is the cheapest I've seen Blazer around here. I refuse to buy most of the bulk stuff anymore. I generally stick with CCI or Aguila subsonic. If the rain holds off I'm taking the family to the range tomorrow and this will rapidly disappear. It doesn't take long with 4 guns running. lol
2 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:35 pm

Henry88 wrote:Wow, we've been drowning in cheap ammo for months.

Even WMR is cheap and plentiful. Am I the only one that wishes they didn't buy so much during the shortage?
I've got 10K rounds, almost all bought at Walmart during the last four years. They limited the number of boxes one could purchase at a time, but they kept their prices where they should have been if there never was a shortage. I keep a spreadsheet of what I own, what I bought, where I bought it, and how much I paid.

Out of habit, I still look at the various shops' inventories, but now that 22's are seemingly everywhere, I likely won't be buying any more 22LRs for the rest of my life.

But, I still look. :)
1 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

GaHenryFan
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by GaHenryFan » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:52 pm

I have to admit that I quit looking for 22 for a long time. I had plenty of cast bullets and several pounds of powder to occupy me.
1 x

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:14 pm

Yeah fortunately, I dated (sticker) the ammo so I'm using the oldest stuff first. Also I bought a lot of different kinds of .22. Basically when I saw anything that I didn't have I bought it. It's my hope to be able to do range reports on all these different ammos with the H001, but I'm going to have to get a little better first to make it worth while.
1 x

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:19 pm

CT_Shooter wrote:
Henry88 wrote:Wow, we've been drowning in cheap ammo for months.

I've got 10K rounds, almost all bought at Walmart during the last four years. They limited the number of boxes one could purchase at a time, but they kept their prices where they should have been if there never was a shortage. I keep a spreadsheet of what I own, what I bought, where I bought it, and how much I paid.

Out of habit, I still look at the various shops' inventories, but now that 22's are seemingly everywhere, I likely won't be buying any more 22LRs for the rest of my life.

But, I still look. :)
CT, I'm not too tempted by bulk ammo, but when I see mini-mags for $7 I have to remind myself that I already have plenty.

BTW, do you remember after the two year drought how you felt the first time you went into a store and saw all the .22 ammo piled up? I felt like I was at the pl@yb0y mansion LOL
0 x

Mr Bill
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Mr Bill » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:22 pm

My Dicks Sporting Goods was selling Blazer 22lr for $25 a brick, I bought 2.
Runs good through all my firearms with decent accuracy.
0 x

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:47 pm

My academy has blazers sitting on the shelf for $2.49
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri May 04, 2018 5:18 pm

earlier today I was in the local Cabela's .... I couldn't help but notice the abundance of 22 LR ammo .... in addition, there were various sizes of bulk boxes of many different brands .... they had the largest supply of 22 ammo that I've seen on their shelves in many years
1 x