Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Oh Henry!

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Oh Henry!

Post by GFK » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:02 pm

For the sake of closure and in sensitivity to bobtodrick's and possible other's concern, the final status of the issue I had was addressed in my range report: http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=4163. In short, I was unaware of additions adjustment of elevation of Henry's buckhorn sights. Jeff at customer service brought it to my attention.

The two concerns I have had could both consider user's familiarization with a Henry H009. Both of which Henry attempted to address. The other was copper fouling which I am understanding to be a characteristic of the rifling process that may lessen the more I shoot it. I expected my Henry to function similarly to my Marlin. But, they both have different buckhorn sights and uses different rifling processes. In any case, they both shoot fine. I just have to spend more time cleaning one more than the other for now.

I am familiar with various firearms. I have even been certified as a marksman with a few of them. I mention this just to illustrate that I experience something I haven't experience previously, and my collaboration with others has allowed my to address my concerns appropriately. I recognized that others may be more experience than I. That is why I ask questions. And, folks on this forum have been very willing to assist. So, thanks everyone for your assistance and patience during my learning process.

Happy shooting!
1 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).