Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Oh Henry!

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Oh Henry!

Post by GFK » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:35 pm

Petey wrote:GFK,
Sorry to hear that . It would appear to me that the Good Folks at Henry need to "look" into this matter --- Literally . Just too many instances of things amiss = pun intended . Yes I know their customer service is without rival . I can attest to that ...believe me they are amazing. However:It would be so much better if the need for such service were more scarce. Fear not The good folks will make it right.

I love my Henry's.
Happy SHootin!
Petey
Thanks Petey
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:36 pm

JEBar wrote:I couldn't agree more on their customer service but I don't agree that the number of issues we see here represents a huge problem .... they turn out tens of thousands ---- we hear of a handful, from which it is easy to jump to a wrong conclusion
I can agree JEBar.
0 x

Petey
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Petey » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:37 pm

GFK wrote:
JEBar wrote:I couldn't agree more on their customer service but I don't agree that the number of issues we see here represents a huge problem .... they turn out tens of thousands ---- we hear of a handful, from which it is easy to jump to a wrong conclusion
I can agree JEBar.
Well I can tell you this ...after sending my rifle to Henry for repair, which should have been right in the first place, I got it back in worse shape than It was sent to them . Today I went to the ffl to do the paper work on my replacement rifle. I was there as it was taken from the shipping box and then the factory box.
1)Receiver was scratched
2)wood was scratched and dented --- The shipping box had no outward signs of abuse.
3)The aperture for the peep was missing and in general that rifle looked like poop.
No , I wouldn't say they have any problems.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:36 pm

with you were there when the box was opened and finding it to be in a condition that you weren't happy with, I hope you didn't accept it .... rather, it should be sent back and I'd be on the phone to Anthony Imperato's office .... I hate to hear of anyone getting a product that isn't what it should be .... with Henry, I believe this to be the exception rather than the rule
0 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:38 pm

Petey, I took JEBar was trying to point out that lots of people come to forums when they have issues. They are looking for solutions. If things are fine, most people go on their merry way. When things are not fine, most people want relief. So, these issues could represent the worst of Henry owners' issues which could be a small sample of all owners. Of course, that does not make us feel better. We did not pay good money for issues. But, we are human and things happen. I am not crazy about having anyone work on my things. Most people do not care about my stuff like I do. However, I will note that I did received my rifle back from Henry previously with no noticeable dings, scratches or buggered screws. In the end, I try and keep in mind that the Master is at work in all things, and things will work out to my good.
0 x

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:56 pm

but I don't agree that the number of issues we see here represents a huge problem
It's not - given the small percentage of Henry owners we represent. It’s the potential problems with the other ‘tens of thousands’ out there we don’t hear about.
Last edited by Mistered on Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Petey
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Petey » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:39 pm

GFK wrote:Petey, I took JEBar was trying to point out that lots of people come to forums when they have issues. They are looking for solutions. If things are fine, most people go on their merry way. When things are not fine, most people want relief. So, these issues could represent the worst of Henry owners' issues which could be a small sample of all owners. Of course, that does not make us feel better. We did not pay good money for issues. But, we are human and things happen. I am not crazy about having anyone work on my things. Most people do not care about my stuff like I do. However, I will note that I did received my rifle back from Henry previously with no noticeable dings, scratches or buggered screws. In the end, I try and keep in mind that the Master is at work in all things, and things will work out to my good.
Agreed...and given time it may work out. Like you I truly dislike anyone working on my stuff, I too am a fanatic about taking care of what's mine and that which is in my care on the odd occasion I should barrow something. That being said , I think we are in the minority.

Happy SHootin!
Petey
1 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:25 am

Mistered wrote:
but I don't agree that the number of issues we see here represents a huge problem
It's not - given the small percentage of Henry owners we represent. It’s the potential problems with the other ‘tens of thousands’ out there we don’t hear about.
Good point.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:47 am

Mistered wrote:
possible, certainly .... but highly unlikely .... I am a member of several brand related firearms forums and if there are systemic issues, there is no hiding them .... I don't know of any company (or person) that is perfect but there simply isn't a volume of negative reports out there that would indicate Henry has major production issues .... in addition, there are isolated to large numbers of reports of issues with every mass produced line out there .... its also normal for all of us to want the highest possible quality for the lowest possible cost .... we do have a high volume of comments made on this forum where members are extremely well pleased with the fit and finish of their rifles, that are true .... we have a relatively small number with significant fit/finish issues .... a while back a good number of folks reported a problem with the magazine lock on certain models .... Henry redesigned them, recalled them, and fixed them .... we can sit around and "what if" all day but when it comes to facts, there are none to support a massive problem
0 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:30 am

I do agree. If these issues were a result of a system-wide process or procedure, it would probably be more widespread. But, that does not make me feel better when it seemed like I could not hit the broadside of a barn when I was at the range last weekend.
0 x