Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Oh Henry!

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Re: Oh Henry!

Post by Mistered » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:16 pm

heard from Mr. Imperato this morning. = Patrick will be in touch with me and we'll explore some options.
This IS the good part! A response from the prez with an outline of action is rare - I deal with large manufacturers of RVs and this type of response is rare. I firmly believe Henry is an honest and forthright company from all I have heard about customer response & follow up however I also believe they are dealing with things out of their control and are simply making the best of a bad situation - like many companies are right now.
1 x

Petey
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Petey » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:00 pm

Just got off the phone with Patrick . People ,let me tell you , I love dealing with this guy ... Simply put , he just makes things happen .
So my H001 goes back ,never to be seen again and will be replaced with a new one.

Thank you Patrick and Mr. Imperato !
1 x

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:42 pm

So my H001 goes back ,never to be seen again and will be replaced with a new one.
+1 - kudos to Mr. Imperato & staff!
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:56 pm

Petey wrote:Just got off the phone with Patrick . People ,let me tell you , I love dealing with this guy ... Simply put , he just makes things happen .

Thank you Patrick and Mr. Imperato !

no surprise whatsoever .... ;)
0 x

CLA
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by CLA » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:27 pm

Petey,

FYI...

If Henry is providing a replacement firearm, as long as they put the same serial number on it as the one being replaced, it can be shipped directly back to you as a "repair".

But if they are sending another one with a different serial number, then it does have go through a CA FFL, DROS'ed and 10 day wait, like a new acquisition.

If that happens, you also need get the defective one "unregistered" to you by filing DOJ form BOF 4546 (Notice of No Longer in Possession) checking the 'Returned to dealer/manufacture' box in section D and follow the instructions on the form regarding the documentation needed from Henry that needs to be attached to the form.

https://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/agwe ... 9-2016.pdf
Last edited by CLA on Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
0 x

Petey
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Petey » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:53 pm

CLA wrote:Petey,

If Henry is providing a replacement firearm, as long as they put the same serial number on it as the one being replaced, it can be shipped directly back to you.

But if they are sending another one with a different serial number, then it does have go through a dealer, DROS and 10 day wait.

If that happens, you also need get the defective one "unregistered" to you by filing DOJ form BOF 4546 (Notice of No Longer in Possession) checking the 'Returned to dealer/manufacture' box in section C and providing the info.

https://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/agwe ... 9-2016.pdf
Thank you! I 'll have to file the 4546. It also requires a copy of the DROS ...... No biggie.
0 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:28 am

Petey wrote:
GFK wrote:
Petey wrote: Got it home , cleaned the barrel , lube and inspect = I discover Daylight between the tang and the stock.....Not just a bit but this stock really does not fit properly..... I figure I can live with it because it's a really nice chunk of wood...Nicer than my other 3 Henry's. So off to the yard I go target and Rifle in hand. All shots (25 yrds) are inches high....NOT Good.....sight is at lowest setting = even worse.
I am no expert, just a thought. By chance, are you using 6 o'clock hold, center or 12 o'clock hold. For years I have used 6 o'clock hold. Since I planning to use open sight on my Henry, I thinking of adjusting based on distance. For closer shots (25 yards or less), maybe a 6 o'clock hold. Up to 75 yards, maybe center. 75 and beyond, maybe 12 o'clock. But, I will see how my thoughts pan out at the range.

I have always sighted Point of aim = dead on. Let me know how you do.

HAppy SHootin!
Petey
Well, I finally got out to the range this weekend. I can understand better what you were referring to. My H009 seems to be shooting high also. Another shooter at the range had the same issue. We were shooting from a rest and hitting above the target. We could see the dirt fly up, but no hole in the target. At one point, we used a cardboard backing of about 3 feet and still nothing. The elevation was all the way down. We were at 50 yards. I may not be the best shot in the world. But, I placed better shots with my Marlin being 3-4" left of center. I think I can adjust windage for that. Based on markings on the Marlin, it seems someone has already adjusted it to the left some. It was new, so I assume factory. I did contact Henry for feedback though.
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:34 am

looking forward to hearing what they say
0 x

Petey
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Petey » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:10 am

GFK,
Sorry to hear that . It would appear to me that the Good Folks at Henry need to "look" into this matter --- Literally . Just too many instances of things amiss = pun intended . Yes I know their customer service is without rival . I can attest to that ...believe me they are amazing. However:It would be so much better if the need for such service were more scarce. Fear not The good folks will make it right.

I love my Henry's.
Happy SHootin!
Petey
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:14 am

I couldn't agree more on their customer service but I don't agree that the number of issues we see here represents a huge problem .... they turn out tens of thousands ---- we hear of a handful, from which it is easy to jump to a wrong conclusion
2 x