Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

How to remove H001 barrel from receiver

JFG
Tenderfoot
United States of America

How to remove H001 barrel from receiver

Post by JFG » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:18 pm

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone has experience removing the H001 barrel from the receiver. Once it is all stripped and the 3 tapered barrel pins are removed how does the barrel come out? I asked about this on Rimfirecentral and was advised to ask on this forum. Any advice would be appreciated. I also asked Henry and they provided the following response:

The H001-seires barrels are pressed in and pinned with the 3 pins.

We do not have a custom shop here, so unfortunately we cannot do custom engraving, modifications, or make specially-built rifles or parts. Our repair shop handles warranty work only. For this reason we also cannot give any advice about, or recommend, any custom work or modifications.

Please be advised that any modifications to our rifles may result in voidance of the limited-lifetime warranty.
0 x

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Re: How to remove H001 barrel from receiver

Post by RetiredSeabee » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:41 pm

Sir Henry has experience doing this. I am sure he will be around to let you know how he did it. He also contacted Henry about the project. And of course they advised against it.
0 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

JFG
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by JFG » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:14 pm

Yes totally expected and understandable that Henry is advising against it. thanks Still however an interesting potential project.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:17 pm

welcome indeed .... looking forward to your future range reports and information exchanges .... please take a look at our How Many ? thread (at this link http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 590#p51590 ) and add your current Henry rifle to our community's total and revisit it as you add others to your collection .... also, please take a look at When will we hit 500? thread (at this link http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 703#p51703 ) where you can enter our latest contest ....
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:31 am

After removing the three pins hold the barrel in one hand with the receiver pointed down. Then using a rubber mallet gently tap tap tap on the receiver until it falls free. Getting it back in is more difficult as it has to be aliened perfect for the pins to go back in. Check your headspace before and after.
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

ditto1958
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by ditto1958 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:05 pm

Sir Henry wrote:After removing the three pins hold the barrel in one hand with the receiver pointed down. Then using a rubber mallet gently tap tap tap on the receiver until it falls free. Getting it back in is more difficult as it has to be aliened perfect for the pins to go back in. Check your headspace before and after.
You are a brave man. I won’t be doing that to my Henry any time soon. :)
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:01 am

No I'm not brave. Just a man with an octagon barreled .22WMR Mare's Leg. :D
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

JFG
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by JFG » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:45 pm

Hello Sir Henry and thank you very much for that explanation and details. Very informative.

That was what I was planning to do but wanted to avoid futile banging on the receiver if there was something I was missing regarding the removal.

I may be a bit challenged by the barrel replacement - I will let you know if I undertake the removal.
0 x