Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

GB 28,000-round test --- author tells own story on RFC

PT7
Drover
United States of America

GB 28,000-round test --- author tells own story on RFC

Post by PT7 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:08 am

Yesterday I posted about the "Golden Boy tested by shooting 28,000 rounds." The hard-copy magazine is the only source right now because the article is so new. I bet eventually there will be a web version. However, I found that the author is a member of the RFC. Here are the two RFC threads about the Golden Boy test:

~THREAD: Henry Endurance Test – intro to magazine article, and testing of the Henry Golden Boy .22LR
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/sh ... p?t=874498

This very interesting discussion contains 114 posts over the months it took to test this Henry rifle. According to the OP, President Anthony Imperato provided full support to this project. Yes, it is a long discussion thread, but fun to read.

~THREAD: Golden Boy Endurance Run – chats with author during actual testing, 9/1/16 -- 11/22/16
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/sh ... highlight=

PT7 wrote:Today, I picked up the #93/Spring 2017 edition of the magazine, "Guns of the Old West." The article I read is titled "Still Golden?" and was written by Denis Prisbrey. He ran a 3-month test last summer/fall and shot 28,000 rounds through a Henry Golden Boy in .22LR caliber. The author worked with Anthony Imperato while doing this, with the goal of "testing the Golden Boy's durability." The test procedures (in the author's words) were "to create a worst-case wringout by deliberately subjecting it to harsh and unreasonable shooting conditions. Extreme heat, no lube until needed, no cleaning until needed and extended shoots without breaks for cool downs."

The results are a remarkable read, and the pictures of the Golden Boy with the cover removed ---- after 22,000 rounds shot and no cleanings until that point ---- are astonishing. I recommend getting this publication and checking this Golden Boy out. I bet all Henry rimfire rifles are built this well!
3 x

~Пока~

Catherine
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Re: GB 28,000-round test --- author tells own story on RFC

Post by Catherine » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:53 am

The gentleman who wrote that article posted a long thread about this HENRY rifle shooting on Paco's old website.

http://www.levergunscommunity.com/

http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewf ... 42f3cf5db5

Thanks for posting since I rarely ever look at RFC due to their horrific malware and past virus issues. I looked at their site recently for the first time in years. I do not care for their moderation too.

Cate
1 x

DAVIDF
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by DAVIDF » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:13 am

Thanks to the two of you for posting the links. I read that article. Impressive results.
2 x
Made by Henry, Or Not Made At All

ditto1958
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by ditto1958 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:25 pm

Yup. Read that, too. Very cool.
2 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:43 pm

I'm impressed. He never claimed it to be anything more than a torture test, and after reading the thread, never saw the article, I see that both he and the Henry suffered a bit. Lol.

Both came out fine on the back end.

:D
3 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.