Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Yellowboy Question

Panfisher
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Yellowboy Question

Post by Panfisher » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:24 pm

Now that I have one Henry I want another, their plan is working. I am thinking I want a Yellowboy in .22 S/L/LR although I haven't seen any shorts or Longs in years. I am wondering how the brass holds up in the yellowboys. Does it get tarnished easily? I have some knives with brass bolsters and discolor quickly and easily, not hard to polish back up, but would hate to see the brass on a rifle do that and need polishing all the time. Assuming of course I can find one, and don't get.sticker shock when I do.
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: Yellowboy Question

Post by BigAl52 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:58 pm

I strongly suggest you try to find one in person before you buy one. The stock on those has a drop to it that some people like myself dont care for. So when you are shooting it you cant get a good cheek weld. As far as the brass goes over time it will patina just like the other Henry brass models will do.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Steve51
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Steve51 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:52 pm

I would 2nd BigAl's suggestion. I have a Golden Boy .22 (H004) and the stock fit is noticeably different. Although I have adapted to it, since the grand kids hog the Henry Classic (H001), it definitely is not suitable for mounting a scope - in my opinion. It is a fine shooter with iron sights, if you can adjust to the feel.
0 x
H001, H001L, H004, H001TM, H001TLB, H006, H010, H012M, H012GR
NRA Member, GOA Member, ISRA Member, ILCCW

Panfisher
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Panfisher » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:08 pm

Thanks, I don't buy firearms I can't handle first. Will definitely check the drop on the stock and how it come up. Thanks again.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:24 pm

I would suggest a Classic or Small Game Carbine. Shorts are still available and I shoot them usually no further out than 25 yards.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Panfisher
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Panfisher » Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:57 pm

Well I got to handle one today, not the version I wanted, it was a fancy smancy one, gorgeous wood engraved silver looking receiver, BUT it showed me how they come to the shoulder, and it is definitely a little different, more drop to the stock. However since I had my shoulder replaced, it doesn't quite move the same and the rifle actually came to my shoulder easier and better. Now to keep looking around to find a model I want. Not in a rush.
2 x