Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Issues with Henry Customer Service

Ruger1300
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Issues with Henry Customer Service

Post by Ruger1300 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:29 am

Good morning,

My Henry Evil Roy in 22 lr started having feeding rounds. It started with hollow points and then with all ammo. The trigger was also starting to scratch the inside of the lever.

I sent the rifle in for maintenance and after a couple of weeks received it back with a visibly bent lever. I contacted Henry and was told they were out of the large loop lever but would send me one as soon as possible. After a couple of weeks I sent a follow up email that simply stated that this is unacceptable and the Henry from the past would never have let a rifle leave the maintenance department like that nor not sent me a new lever by now. A couple of weeks after that email I received a lever in the mail with instructions on how to install it.

I get that there is a pandemic and all of that going on but I was really taken a back by this experience. The customer service rep wasn't rude but acted like this was a normal occurence. I've always had great experiences with Henry and was really taken aback by this one.

Has anyone else had an experience like this lately?
0 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Issues with Henry Customer Service

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:34 am

Anthony's email address is on the website, let him know the problems you are having, but remember you are just inviting him into the loop. Tact gets better results...
3 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:33 am

I do recall hearing a while back that they were out of levers .... hopefully that is no longer the case .... agree that it would be good to email Anthony with the facts
0 x

leverjc
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by leverjc » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:53 am

I have to agree that contacting Anthony is the best way to go. He can expedite things. On my BBS's the second trip back to Henry for a good barrel I had been waiting 7 weeks for the return. I had contacted them and they said they were having raw material problems. The next day I emailed Anthony and the nest day it was on its way.
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:11 am

Agree get a hold of Anthony he will get on it.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Ruger1300
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Ruger1300 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:24 pm

Thanks for the advice - I may just email him. I don't want anything for free but this experience has put me off on a new Henry right now.
0 x

Ruger1300
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Ruger1300 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:42 pm

I took your guys advice and emailed Anthony after his email concerning 2020. I received an email back the next day with an apology and a shipping label to replace the rifle. Henry sent me a nice coffee cup and some other Henry branded stuff and is even going to move the fiber optic sites off of my rifle and put them on the new one. I have to say I am impressed and may have to add another Henry to the stable.
1 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:04 pm

Ruger1300 wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:42 pm
I took your guys advice and emailed Anthony after his email concerning 2020. I received an email back the next day with an apology and a shipping label to replace the rifle. Henry sent me a nice coffee cup and some other Henry branded stuff and is even going to move the fiber optic sites off of my rifle and put them on the new one. I have to say I am impressed and may have to add another Henry to the stable.
That is why we keep buying Henrys.
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:22 pm

Id like to add one comment here. I dont care who you are or what company it involves there is going to be a time when something doesnt go quite right the first time. Perfection is simply not achieved all the time. But I gotta say Henry goes above and beyond to make it close to that all the time. They are one of the few companies in America that knows what customer service is. Yup thats why we keep buying Henrys.
5 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:15 pm

completely agree