Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Oh Henry!

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Oh Henry!

Post by JEBar » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:06 am

GFK wrote:I do agree. If these issues were a result of a system-wide process or procedure, it would probably be more widespread. But, that does not make me feel better when it seemed like I could not hit the broadside of a barn when I was at the range last weekend.
absolutely .... that's normal .... if any of ours had such an issue I'd feel the same way .... I'd also follow much the same path you are .... I'd do whatever I could to ensure I wasn't the problem and that whatever is causing the problem (example : my hand loads) is beyond my control .... I well understand folks who are driven to do their own work but, thankfully, I don't feel that way .. ;) .. once I reached that point where I was confident the problem is with the rifle, I'd call Henry and send it back ....if they returned it without fixing it, back it would go .... in times past I've had take things like vehicles, a boat, a computer, and a host of other things in more than once to have a problem fixed .... I don't ever recall being happy with having to do so .... at some point a decision would have to be made as when it crossed the line between repair and replace .... from what I've read here and another firearms forum as well, Henry will do that when necessary
0 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:26 am

Yes. I agree. We should acknowledge our limitations. I was using factory loads (Winchester, Hornay, and Federal of 150 gr). I did get a reply from Henry a few minutes ago. I was asked about adjusting the white diamond insert. I may try it. But, I was wondering how much effect (in inches) it would have on point of impact. I was also offered to have the sight replaced or send the rifle back for inspection. I am thinking that sending it back will be my last choice.But if necessary, it will go back. Thanks.
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

Petey
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Petey » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:30 pm

JEBar wrote:with you were there when the box was opened and finding it to be in a condition that you weren't happy with, I hope you didn't accept it .... rather, it should be sent back and I'd be on the phone to Anthony Imperato's office .... I hate to hear of anyone getting a product that isn't what it should be .... with Henry, I believe this to be the exception rather than the rule
I did take it ..... Remember , I'm in Calif--- ....ten day waiting .( we're looking for a new homestead ) I first spoke with Patrick and e-mailed him pics of the rifle. He is sending me the parts needed to correct the rifle . Besides, this one had a very sweet trigger. I'm a trigger fanatic , if it's not a certain way = out it goes.

Oh well.Somethings are easy ...some are not. Apparently, if want a Henry .22 lever ,I'm going to have to ride this one out.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:10 pm

I must walk into the gun stores on the right day because I haven't had problems with any of my 19 Henry rimfires except the first one which had a user problem. The H001 is an entry level rifle made in the U.S.A. using American quality control measures. The fit and finish on mine are rather poor but they shoot fine.

Henry Ford did not have quality control because it cost too much and he wanted the Model T and later Model A to be affordable. If the internet was around in the 1930's what would the reviews be like? "I just bought a new 1927 Model A and it was missing a hubcap. I had to drive the 37 miles into town and order a new one just to wait a month to get it. What is wrong with Ford? Can't they get it right the first time?"

There is no secret to making every rifle to the highest standards. The problem is it is not cost effective on lower priced hand made items in the U.S.A. Not when you have a worker in China earning a tenth of what the American worker demands.

I would rather send an H001 back to Henry a dozen times than to buy a rifle made in China.
3 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:32 pm

Was the Model T that bad? And no, I am not claiming that Henrys are bad either.
0 x

bobtodrick
Tenderfoot
Canada

Post by bobtodrick » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:51 am

Wow, I'm just glad I'm one of the thousands of people who is out happily shooting his flawless Henry's (H001 & H009b), both purchased this year.
The thing to remember about the forums (and the 'net in general)...issues always seem worse than they truly are because for every unhappy person who feels then need to vent their are hundreds (thousands) who are just out happily enjoying their product.
Just food for thought.
2 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:52 pm

bobtodrick wrote:Wow, I'm just glad I'm one of the thousands of people who is out happily shooting his flawless Henry's (H001 & H009b), both purchased this year.
The thing to remember about the forums (and the 'net in general)...issues always seem worse than they truly are because for every unhappy person who feels then need to vent their are hundreds (thousands) who are just out happily enjoying their product.
Just food for thought.
Good for you and that could be true. But to believe that everything (or anything) man does or create is flawless, would be unrealistic. We do the best we can. But, there is always room for improvement. For now, I am content with my H009. It is just a tool. Some tools are more user friendly than others. Each has its place. It seems to be serving the purpose for which I purchased it for. So, all is well.

I learned a long time ago that actions speak longer than words. One can be part of the problem or part of the solution. In most cases, I choose to be part of the solution. The results last longer and are more productive. But, I do think nothing happens in a vacuum. Discussing concerns with others can shed light on the subject.

Just my 2 cent for what it is worth.
1 x

bobtodrick
Tenderfoot
Canada

Post by bobtodrick » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:48 am

GFK wrote:
bobtodrick wrote:Wow, I'm just glad I'm one of the thousands of people who is out happily shooting his flawless Henry's (H001 & H009b), both purchased this year.
Just food for thought.
Good for you and that could be true. But to believe that everything (or anything) man does or create is flawless, would be unrealistic. We do the best we can. But, there is always room for improvement. For now, I am content with my H009. It is just a tool. Some tools are more user friendly than others. Each has its place. It seems to be serving the purpose for which I purchased it for. So, all is well.

I learned a long time ago that actions speak longer than words. One can be part of the problem or part of the solution. In most cases, I choose to be part of the solution. The results last longer and are more productive. But, I do think nothing happens in a vacuum. Discussing concerns with others can shed light on the subject.

Just my 2 cent for what it is worth.
I agree...to a point.
What I'm concerned about is the newbie...or someone just considering the purchase of an item (in this case a Henry rifle) who sees a thread like this, that goes on for pages of one persons issues and those few who agree with him...and don't keep in mind that on the whole, most people who have purchased a Henry are completely happy.
I could go on a Mercedes Benz forum, complain I got a dud and within a day I'll have 20 people agreeing that they are crap cars.
It's just the way of the 'net...I just want to remind people of that.
1 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:18 pm

I can understand. But, something are out of our control. If a person fails to see the forest because of the trees and get lost, what can you do about that? At some point, a person have to learn to fish for himself or will continually be dependent of others. And then, both or all fail to reach their full potential which in effect cancels out the initial effort. Please excuse my analogies. They seem to capture what I am attempting to express more vividly, and I like pictures. But, to each their own. At any rate, happy shooting!
0 x

Petey
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Petey » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:35 am

bobtodrick wrote: I agree...to a point.
What I'm concerned about is the newbie...or someone just considering the purchase of an item (in this case a Henry rifle) who sees a thread like this, that goes on for pages of one persons issues and those few who agree with him...and don't keep in mind that on the whole, most people who have purchased a Henry are completely happy.
I could go on a Mercedes Benz forum, complain I got a dud and within a day I'll have 20 people agreeing that they are crap cars.
It's just the way of the 'net...I just want to remind people of that.
If a newbie sees this post, they or anyone else , should see that It is possible to get a Henry that isn't right out of the box. And that Henry doesn't always get it right the first time or second time around.....But , Henry will do everything to make certain you are happy. This is the truth. I own four Henry's ....never had an issue with any of them till this one.

Now , If a particular employee at Henry is given direct instruction from the CSR manager as per Anthony's direction and fails to follow through.......that's a problem. I have an issue with that because that one person screwed up twice and caused problems for everyone involved.
However: Having dealt with Patrick up to this point , I knew he would get things right.
The CSR manager, Patrick, is pure gold in my book and yes he will go to great lengths to make things happen.

In closing, I'll tell you this ... I know Henry Products...I know most are right and some are not .I know Henry will eventually get it right or refund your money if that makes it right for you. I know Patrick is amazing asset to Henry Repeating Arms . Twenty five years of sales and customer service tells me so. I love my Henry rifles and will continue to enjoy them .
End of story.
HAppy Shootin to all!

Now move along ...nothing to see here.
0 x