Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

my other gun show find

Discuss any other single shot rifles here
bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

my other gun show find

Post by bandit1250 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:46 pm

I told my wife on the way to the show Saturday when she asked what I was going to buy I said "no guns". I don't need any more guns until I get some sold. There was a time when I had about six of the heavy Savage single shot varmint guns in 223's and a 22-250 and 220 Swift's. I foolishly sold them off to where I have two Swifts left and wish I would have never sold my other ones especially the 223's. They were 1:9 twists and shot any thing I loaded in them up to the 75 gr. Hornady A-Max bullets. One of the most accurate bullets was the 40 gr. Sierra Blitz King. Not supposed to be good in a fast twist but they were very good. So Saturday I saw one at the show and asked the guy if it was a single shot and he said it was. I asked the caliber and he said 223. I was like here we go wanting another gun and I said I wasn't going to buy one. He lowered the price down $75 and I said I will think about it while I walk around some more. He was down to $500. I finally came back around and he asked if I wanted it. So I had sold a 22 earlier and had about enough to buy it with the money I took with me. I counted my money and had $485 I could spend and have money enough for the trip home. I didn't take much money with me to keep me from buying another gun. I told him what I had and he thought for a little and said that will work and with no tax by buying from a private seller I was getting me another single shot Savage. So I counted it out to him and he got lucky. There was $486 because two of the dollar bills were stuck together. :o Was it his lucky day or mine? ;) :lol: The icing on the cake was it has a Canjar set trigger on it that is probably worth about $200. Seldom seen item to fit the Savage rifles. Push the trigger forward and a little button comes out the front and it is a trigger in ounces. This one set is about 2 - 3 ounces. It also had new Burris rings with the plastic inserts and a Leupold base. They are off there and it will get cross bolt style rings and bases. I will sell the Burris rings later. 12X Leupold going on this rifle. Here is a few pictures. Can some one move this to the new single shot sub forum. I put it on the wrong place and don't want to do it over. :oops: Thanks in advance.

Here is a picture of the trigger unsetImage
Trigger in the set position. Notice the little lever sticking out at the front lower part of the trigger.
4 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: my other gun show find

Post by North Country Gal » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:08 pm

Whoa! Now you got me drooling. Can't wait till the next gun show in a couple of weeks. Look out Savage, here I come.
2 x

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Post by Cofisher » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:41 pm

NCG, we love it when you get excited. Lol
1 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

dddrees
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by dddrees » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:43 am

Sounds like you not only got what you were looking for but at a great price as well.

Congrats!!!
1 x

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:16 pm

So that's a .223?

Seems like a great round, given the price and availability of ammo; especially if you don't reload.

Beautiful gun there BTW. No penny is safe :D
1 x