Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

My local gun store

Discussion about what manufactured ammunition feeds your Henry or other firearms
dasmoeturhead
Cowboy
United States of America

My local gun store

Post by dasmoeturhead » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:35 am

Our local gun store was on the news yesterday. They said there out of all the popular ammo. The said they've been selling 300 guns a week for months. The place is always packed, usually 4 deep at the counter. When I was in there last week the long guns, and pistol selection was pretty bad. This is a very big store, and it serves all of us up here in the mountains. It's a very well armed part of the state up here.
2 x
I'm a Ship that can't be Salvaged!

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Re: My local gun store

Post by GunnyGene » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:56 am

dasmoeturhead wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:35 am
Our local gun store was on the news yesterday. They said there out of all the popular ammo. The said they've been selling 300 guns a week for months. The place is always packed, usually 4 deep at the counter. When I was in there last week the long guns, and pistol selection was pretty bad. This is a very big store, and it serves all of us up here in the mountains. It's a very well armed part of the state up here.
Since they were on the local news, I'd sure like to read the story. If you can tell us what store/news station I'll google for it. :)
0 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

dasmoeturhead
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dasmoeturhead » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:41 pm

Channel 5 Bristol TN. BARNETTS GUNS in Hamton, TN.
0 x

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:25 pm

dasmoeturhead wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:41 pm
Channel 5 Bristol TN. BARNETTS GUNS in Hamton, TN.
Took a look. Nice shop. They had this notice on their site:
BARNETT GUNS & INDOOR RANGE SPECIALS
At this time we will not be running any specials. Inventory of every kind is very limited and hard for us to precure. We will update this page when the COVID-19 crisis is over and things return to normal. We thank you for your patience and understanding. From our family to yours please stay safe.
Also this about their range, which is open. I don't patronize commercial ranges, so don't know if this is the norm (cost) or not, but I was surprised that you can't bring your own ammo and targets. If they don't have ammo as they claim, then not much point in going to their range if you can't bring your own.

Welcome to our new indoor range!!!
Indoor Range:

12 lanes, with handicap accessible lanes,climate controlled, safe, and family friendly indoor shooting range

The range is 75' long and you can shoot pistols, pistol caliber rifles and shotguns

NO AR's OR LARGE CALIBER RIFLES ARE PERMITTED

Cost to use the range is $12.00 (plus tax) per visit, per person with no time limits ( as long as you do not leave the range area)

ALL AMMO AND TARGETS MUST BE PURCHASED FROM US PER INSURANCE REGULATIONS

Eye and ear protection are provided free of charge for all paying customers

NO MEMBERSHIP FEES!

We have guns available to rent for use on the range for $10.00 per gun (plus the coast of ammo).

Two people are allowed per lane. Children must be at least 8 years old and must remain with a parent or guardian at all times.
0 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

Travlin
Cowboy

Post by Travlin » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:38 am

They have all of those you can'ts and you musts and then they say "welcome". I would say that they deserve to go out of business.
0 x

dasmoeturhead
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dasmoeturhead » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:56 am

Travlin wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:38 am
They have all of those you can'ts and you musts and then they say "welcome". I would say that they deserve to go out of business.
Their store their rules. I don't agree with all of it either. I've never, and will probably never use their range. I have my own. Their prices on firearms, and ammo aren't bad, and it's local, and folks up here would rather trade with them, than deal with going into town, and dealing with city people. It's the way it is up here. Tim the owner is from our town, and is well liked. We definitely don't want them or any other gun store to close.
3 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:13 am

They just opened up a range here in the last year or so not to far from me. There prices are on the high end. They have 100 yard indoor range along with 50 and 25. They also have some action type ranges. Its a big place. There memberships are high as you can imagine and they make you buy the ammo there, no reloads. Ive never been in the place but a good friend has. Not sure what it cost to rent a lane but both times he was there they were out of ammo. There is another range not to far from this one. They allow reloads. Not long ago they closed down part of the range because like always some one went in there and shot up a bunch of armor piercing rounds and ruined there back stops. They had to spend a bunch of money to repair it. Why is it when someone opens a nice place some idiot destroys it for the good people. Reminds me of going into new truck stops where things are really nice then to go back after time and its destroyed. I see why the rules are as such.
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

dasmoeturhead
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dasmoeturhead » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:02 am

20160614_144629.jpg
20160614_144629.jpg (230.04 KiB) Viewed 1561 times
This is the safety and rules sign at the USFS range here at Watauga lake. Makes you wonder how people Think places like this will be available to us long term with crap like this going on. It's $2.00 a day to shoot here. You can't fix stupid.
1 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:08 am

The indoor range in Spokane charges $17.00 to use the range but I haven’t been there for probably 4-5 years so it may be more. However you can use your own targets and ammo unless you rent one of their guns. If you do so they require you buy their ammo. (Makes sense as they want to protect their property).
1 x

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:29 pm

dasmoeturhead wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:02 am
20160614_144629.jpg
This is the safety and rules sign at the USFS range here at Watauga lake. Makes you wonder how people Think places like this will be available to us long term with crap like this going on. It's $2.00 a day to shoot here. You can't fix stupid.
Wow! And people wonder why designated shooting areas get closed. Permently! Geez.
1 x