Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

New CCI rimfire ammo in 2020

Discussion about what manufactured ammunition feeds your Henry or other firearms
PT7
Drover
United States of America

New CCI rimfire ammo in 2020

Post by PT7 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:07 am

Another Shot Show review of CCI rimfire loads. Hope there might be some good choices for Henry Folk.
https://www.guns.com/news/2020/02/07/cc ... s-for-2020
2 x

~Пока~

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: New CCI rimfire ammo in 2020

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:43 am

I would like to see some premium standard velocity match.
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: New CCI rimfire ammo in 2020

Post by bandit1250 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:24 am

Sir Henry wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:43 am
I would like to see some premium standard velocity match.
I don't know why they keep coming out with "colored" bullet ammo and all this stuff with peoples names on it. Why not spend time to come up with a premium standard velocity load that will shoot like the German made offerings. I sure hope shooters don't think the ammo is better because CCI is paying some body to use their name on their products. The last CCI standard velocity I bought with the orange band on the box that says "Target" is any thing but target grade ammo. Must be made for much bigger targets than I like to shoot at the range. RWS Geco bolt rifle at $205/case and Semi-Auto/$230 will shoot much better than the new CCI. I just bought bricks of Geco Semi-Auto at a car parts/hardware local for $19/brick that shoots in my CZ 452's really well. Even if paying a little more I will buy the German made ammo and shoot groups that make a shooter smile rather than frown. CCI Green Tag is hit and miss for accuracy and way over priced. I have lot numbers of older CCI standards that shoot like the new ammo SHOULD shoot but doesn't even come close. I am done with CCI until something changes for the better. Right now SK+ is the most consistently accurate ammo I have at $5.00/ box. Same ammo as the old Lapua Wolf Match Target. The new Eley made Wolf is not as good in my rifles. Rant is over. ;) :)
2 x