Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Blazer 22LR score

Discussion about what manufactured ammunition feeds your Henry or other firearms
deano5150
Cowhand
United States of America

Blazer 22LR score

Post by deano5150 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:28 pm

Academy Sports has a clearance sale on Blazer 22LR. It was marked down from $2.49/box to $1.98/box. I bought all 44 boxes they had on the shelf. I’ve shot hundreds of rounds of it before and always had good luck with it. It seems to be very accurate and it always goes bang. I believe it’s made by CCI.
Attachments
5EDFF061-27FD-4D3A-92D5-8AEEFAA06B7F.jpeg
5EDFF061-27FD-4D3A-92D5-8AEEFAA06B7F.jpeg (183.42 KiB) Viewed 3811 times
6 x

Lyman
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Blazer 22LR score

Post by Lyman » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:40 am

I have a few thousand rounds of that ammo myself. It's good stuff.
1 x
NRA & 2nd Amendment Supporter. Lyman is my middle name.

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:42 pm

Was in on Friday and saw that, and they had a LOT :D

The thing is, I still have some from 5 years ago or so that I haven't shot, so I just got my usual order of CCI Quiets/SV .
1 x

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by bandit1250 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:51 pm

Blazer is one of the better bulk ammo out there. There was a time years ago I wouldn't have taken a box of it for free. It seemed to get more reliable and accurate over the years. The one listed now with the 38 gr. bullet most shooters claim it is less accurate. Maybe that is the one that is made by Federal.
1 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:04 pm

This was some years ago; my experience with Federal .22LR is not favorable. At the time I had been shooting CCI MiniMag and when I used those up I bought a bulk box of Federal. The Federal would not shoot straight. I still have most of that bulk box.
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

albin25
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by albin25 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:09 pm

There are 2 kinds of Blazer 22lr ammo....
1 is made by the original ATK/CCI/Speer facility in Lewiston Idaho and has "black" bullets,
the other is made by the CCI owned Federal facilities and has "grey" bullets.

Both are good, but the black bullets are much "gooder" than the "grey" ones.
There is no difference in the "brick" packaging, the only indication is ink stamped at the factory on the 10 brick cases.
If you call the ATK/CCI/Speer factory in Lewiston, Id they will give you their current factory origination code that is stamped on the 10 brick cases along with the production lot number. (or I guess you could open the brick and look before you buy)

I have so much of the stuff (black) that I haven't bought any for 6 years and don't anticipate needing to buy more for another 10.
(I live about a quarter mile from the factory).
4 x
Welcome to my home..........FYI... that locked door you kicked down was for your protection....not mine.

deano5150
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by deano5150 » Wed May 01, 2019 7:36 pm

albin25 wrote:There are 2 kinds of Blazer 22lr ammo....
1 is made by the original ATK/CCI/Speer facility in Lewiston Idaho and has "black" bullets,

There is no difference in the "brick" packaging, the only indication is ink stamped at the factory on the 10 brick cases.
If you call the ATK/CCI/Speer factory in Lewiston, Id they will give you their current factory origination code that is stamped on the 10 brick cases along with the production lot number. (or I guess you could open the brick and look before you buy)

I have so much of the stuff (black) that I haven't bought any for 6 years and don't anticipate needing to buy more for another 10.

I have the “gooder” black bullets. I’ve shot hundreds, maybe a couple thousand of them and I don’t recall a single issue. It’s accurate and it goes bang every time. I think it may be the best value in 22LR.
0 x

Lyman
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Lyman » Wed May 01, 2019 8:32 pm

deano5150 wrote:
albin25 wrote:There are 2 kinds of Blazer 22lr ammo....

I have the “gooder” black bullets. I’ve shot hundreds, maybe a couple thousand of them and I don’t recall a single issue. It’s accurate and it goes bang every time. I think it may be the best value in 22LR.
I have heard about this before. All the ones I have ever seen have been black. I have seen pictures of the gray ones though.
1 x
NRA & 2nd Amendment Supporter. Lyman is my middle name.

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Wed May 01, 2019 8:59 pm

deano5150 wrote:Academy Sports has a clearance sale on Blazer 22LR. It was marked down from $2.49/box to $1.98/box. I bought all 44 boxes they had on the shelf. I’ve shot hundreds of rounds of it before and always had good luck with it. It seems to be very accurate and it always goes bang. I believe it’s made by CCI.
Looks like a great score!!
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry